Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming PC build

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭98q76e12hrflnk

Anything over NVIDIA GEFORCE GTX 560 OR ATI RADEON 6950 should give you max settings

• Registered Users Posts: 8,671 ✭✭✭GarIT

The 570 is more powerful than the 590, are you sure you weren't backwards there? Either way both the 570 & 590 are more powerful than those ATI cards so either should work.

Don't know where battlefield would fit in but these benchmarks might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

GarIT wrote: »
    The 570 is more powerful than the 590, are you sure you weren't backwards there? Either way both the 570 & 590 are more powerful than those ATI cards so either should work.

Don't know where battlefield would fit in but these benchmarks might help.
    Those benchmarks are wrong, they mean nothing in terms of gaming.
    Here is a proper benchmark, the gtx 590 is better than the 570 by a mile. The chart is 590>580>570>560ti and for amd 6990>6970>6950>6870.
    The radeon 6970 is more powerful than the gtx 570 in fps games on the most part, the same with the 6990 towards the 590.
    So get a radeon 6970 (or 7970 if you have the dosh in the new year) or gtx 570.
    :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,620 ✭✭✭_AVALANCHE_

should
    GarIT wrote: »
    should
    If I was the OP, should is the last word I'd want to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 shamtheman

Well I think I will probably end up getting the 580 or 570 now, thanks for the advice, they also fit in quite well with my budget and I have read from other sources that the game is optimized better for NVIDIA cards, would anyone else agree?

• Advertisement
Advertisement