Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cops and fire engines heading for johns park

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 986 ✭✭✭Typhoon.

Best of luck bud

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

Typhoon. wrote: »
    Best of luck bud
    cheers typhoon defo gonna need it

• Closed Accounts Posts: 83 ✭✭karbonkoncepts

well ex_infintaryman, were you successful with the psychometric test??

no was unsuccessful :-( feel like i just got a swift kick in the nuts

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

Sorry to hear that man!! You sounded like you would of been well able for it, and you did alot of research!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

What type of questions were you asked in the psychometric test, if you don't mind me asking?

yeah i really wanted it, i went for it 5yrs ago when they were lookin for people also and never even got an interview, finbarr twas all fire fighter related questions like scenarios, workin out time of oxygen left in tank, and visuals like how many boxes in a room on a video clip and twas all timed, i thought i did well on it, am just absolutely gutted

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

yeah i really wanted it, i went for it 5yrs ago when they were lookin for people also and never even got an interview, finbarr twas all fire fighter related questions like scenarios, workin out time of oxygen left in tank, and visuals like how many boxes in a room on a video clip and twas all timed, i thought i did well on it, am just absolutely gutted

Sorry to hear about that. Same thing happened to me, Passed the interview but failed the psychometric test, so didn't get the job.

Best of luck for the New Year.

Finnbar01 wrote: »
    Sorry to hear about that. Same thing happened to me, Passed the interview but failed the psychometric test, so didn't get the job.

Best of luck for the New Year.
    am gonna appeal it and see what happens
    and likewise finnbar

• Registered Users Posts: 389 ✭✭dark_shadow

am gonna appeal it and see what happens
    and likewise finnbar

From experience appealing the decision is really an uphill battle because your fighting a computer's decision and not a person. So trying to get your point across is so painful!! Publicjobs have an answer for everything and a backup answer for everything else you say!

But hey everything is worth a try!:)

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Can you not at least find out where you went wrong before appealing or at least helping you if you were to re apply later (if possible)?

Sully wrote: »
    Can you not at least find out where you went wrong before appealing or at least helping you if you were to re apply later (if possible)?
    very good point sully, but i suppose if twas meant to be then it would be, time will tell a lot and next time it comes up i,m on it like a shot

• Registered Users Posts: 781 ✭✭✭Nypd

Sorry you didn't get the job mate, but I wouldn't take it too much to heart a lad I know went for it, he had UK brigade expierence and he didn't get in either.

Nypd wrote: »
    Sorry you didn't get the job mate, but I wouldn't take it too much to heart a lad I know went for it, he had UK brigade expierence and he didn't get in either.
    fcuk are ya serious thats bad i tells ya

• Registered Users Posts: 6,975 ✭✭✭nkay1985

Unlucky lad. Really thought we'd be hearing good news from you! Hope it works out for you in the future.

nkay1985 wrote: »
    Unlucky lad. Really thought we'd be hearing good news from you! Hope it works out for you in the future.
    thanks pal, as the song goes " i get knocked down but i,ll get back up again your never gonna keep me down"

Advertisement