Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

EZ Living Alonzo Leather Sofa - No guarantee

Options
  • 30-12-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭

I was in EZliving today looking at these sofa and chairs. There is 10% off so its now only €719 for the couch and 2 recliner chairs. The card in the shop says sold with no guarantee as does the website. Speaking to the sales assistant I was told that some people had returned them as the back was a bit loose. I checked other sofas in the shop and other shops and they all appear to be the same. I asked was it fit for purpose and was told it was??

If I buy this what rights to I have if anything is wrong with it?

Thanks

http://www.ezlivingfurniture.ie/sofas/leather-sofas/alonzo-leather/alonzo-leather-sofa-range

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

You have your rights as outlined in Consumer Law. Here's a link to a starter section on the National Consumer Agency website and what to do if the goods are faulty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

If they say there is a fault with the goods then you buy knowing about the fault then you have no comeback.
    Normally relates to goods hightly discounted for a reason.
    I wouldn't consider 10% a great discount

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

basically someone brought these back as they claimed there was something wrong with them - the shop obviously disagrees.

But rather than being devious, the shop is giving the full information and telling you that you cannot return them if you feel the loose back is an issue with you. - They say its not a fault, but they are pointing out that it is an issue with some people.

If any other fault occurs, then you have your normal rights and the shop probably knows this, but the sign is misleading.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭georgem25

Thanks for all your replys. You have confirmed what I already thought anyway!

Advertisement