Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Oasis Boots- sole falling off one.

Options
  • 30-12-2011 10:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,030 ✭✭✭

I bought a pair of boots on the 27th OCtober in Oasis. They were over €100 but i bought them in a 25% off all-store promotion. I've worn them about 10 times and the sole of one has completely come away. I still have my reciept. Might i experience any difficulties bringing them back 2months later or am I well within my rights?
    thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

I'd fully expect the soles to last much longer than 2 months, assuming that you haven't been wearing them in a rougher manner than expected.

Take the boots back to the store along with a receipt and explain the situation. Under consumer law, you are entitled to a refund, repair or replacement. The law doesn't dictate which option, just that it should be acceptable to both of you.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,786 ✭✭✭slimjimmc

It doesn't matter that you bought them in a promotion you still have the same consumer rights as if you bought them at full price. However if they do offer you a refund you're only entitled to the price you actually paid, not the full retail price.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,076 ✭✭✭maxer68

1 - €100 for boots will not get you top quality, but you should expect them to last a season. The discount makes no difference whatsoever

2. - Autumn has been very very wet and this may have contributed to the sole coming apart (unless they were wellies). My guess is the sole is "stuck" on and not stitched.

3. It sounds a fairly simple issue to get repaired and Oasis will be well within their rights to get a repair done as long is the repair is seen as permanent.

To be devils advocate -
    On the store side, it COULD be argued that you did not look after the shoes if the damage has been caused by wetness.

Couple of tips -

If you've been out in particulary bad weather, stuff with newspaper and allow dry in a warm room but not on top of a heat source.

If you've been out after a heavy frost and paths have been salted - lightly wash the shoes with a damp cloth and mild soap and then dry off. (salt is a leather killer!)

• Registered Users Posts: 442 ✭✭freebee23

I had a pair of Clarkes shoes that I bought in June and noticed that the heel was coming away from the body of the right shoe. I rang the shop and went down and saw the manager just before X-Mas who gave me a full refund and I subsequently bought a different pair of shoes in the same store.
    This was all done with a copy of my visa bill as I had thrown out the original receipt.
    All I can say is that I got a great after sales service and was pleasantly surprised with the ease in which this was handled.

Hope you get a similar outcome.
    Freebee23

Advertisement