Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

DREAM - Fight For Japan: Genki Desu Ka Omisoka 2011

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭sonic85

where can i watch it do you know? wouldnt mind seeing a few of those fights

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,033 ✭✭✭Niall0

Id say the only option is to search for a stream when it starts

will do. thanks for the heads up - seen a thread on this somewhere a couple of weeks ago but id totally forgotten about it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

I thought big Timmy was on this card for a pro wrestling match?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

dave1982 wrote: »
    I thought big Timmy was on this card for a pro wrestling match?

He is. IGF Rules vs Jerome Le Banner

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,257 ✭✭✭✭MrStuffins

Love DREAM but couldn't take watching it live. 6-8 hours long. I rather download and fast forward all the pagentry!

MrStuffins wrote: »
    Love DREAM but couldn't take watching it live. 6-8 hours long. I rather download and fast forward all the pagentry!
    Not a bad idea

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,910 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is gonna be a bollix of a download!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

sheehy83 wrote: »
    This is gonna be a bollix of a download!!

HD net fights were airing it live in the US so should be an english commentary version available.

Ah mostly meant because of the size of the download but thats good news. Anyone know if The Voice and Bas were commentating? Would be worth watching for them alone.

• Advertisement

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 516 ✭✭✭Jayo_M

It was meant to be easy for Fedor, and it was. Probably easier than I expected

Ah mostly meant because of the size of the download but thats good news. Anyone know if The Voice and Bas were commentating? Would be worth watching for them alone.

The voice was, no Bas though. watched the Fedor fight there. No sign of a full event yet though.

What was Fedor showing josh barnet on his phone at the very end of the broadcast I wonder ?? Did anyone see that?

Pride Slam KO FTW!

1.gif

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,054 ✭✭✭✭Professey Chin

Pride Slam KO FTW!

1.gif

He comes down full force on his temple :eek:
    I winced :o

• Registered Users Posts: 180 ✭✭dilapidating

Pride Slam KO FTW!

1.gif

Jesus, that's some incompetent refereeing.

didnt get to see any of the fights after - can somebody who has a link for the download send it to me via PM if you can? appreciate it

Download clocks in at 5.55 GB and over 8 hours run time, theres a lot of skipping to be done, best to wait for individual fights, as only 2 or 3 of the 8 hours are actually worth watching or have fights.

I have to say it's refreshing to see fights in a ring again for a change. Hopefully Japan/Dream/K1 have a better 2012 than a 2011 !!!!!

Edit: Just about half way through it now, Josh Barnets pro wrestling match was great!!!!!, they should have got pro wrestling commentators for those matches though.

Jesus, that's some incompetent refereeing.

Can't remember the guys name but he is a very experienced ref, a lot of these refs have been around since Pride!!! Shockingly slow!!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭p to the e

A more patient Fedor by the looks of it. An Olympic judoka is not exactly a pushover but he really had nothing for Fedor. Before the fight he looked quite intimidated.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 24,878 ✭✭✭✭arybvtcw0eolkf

p to the e wrote: »
    A more patient Fedor by the looks of it. An Olympic judoka is not exactly a pushover but he really had nothing for Fedor. Before the fight he looked quite intimidated.

Watched it a few times now - Ishii was terrified.

Ishii's showed this at 1:30 when there was a sloppy flurry of punches and a sloppy clinch - I'd have expected any decent Judoka, let alone an Olympian to try control an arm (at least) and try at least a small feetsweep/hit throw combo.

But he just dropped the head and bottled it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,813 Mod ✭✭✭✭riffmongous

I dont think being a Japanese Olympic judoka really counts for that much in mma, Yoshida was the only one whoever really seemed comfortable doing mma

Advertisement