Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some big names have entered the PDC Q School

• 31-12-2011 12:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭

Its like a mini world championship. Alan warriner little, peter manley, Peter Evison, Andy jenkins, john Walton are some of the big names who have already entered

The Likes of Chris mason and Wayne mardle are also expected to enter.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,656 ✭✭✭cgpg5

pmy.murphy wrote: »
    Its like a mini world championship. Alan warriner little, peter manley, Peter Evison, Andy jenkins, john Walton are some of the big names who have already entered

What is this exactly?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

the mini world champ thing was a joke by the way. The pdc q school is a tournament which was only inaugurated last year where anybody can enter. Its a competition for a certain no of PDC pro tour cards available which last for 2 years. Any player who is inside the top 64 of the world rankings automatically gets one for the following year. There are a few players outside the the 64 who do have cards for next year and those players won them in last years q school and they expire at the end of the 2012 season.

Any player who does hold a tour card has automatic entry to all players championsip events.

And any player from the BDO system who want to join the PDC have to play in the Q school and win a tour card in order to get on the PDC Pro tour.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

the mini world champ thing was a joke by the way. The pdc q school is a tournament which was only inaugurated last year where anybody can enter. Its a competition for a certain no of PDC pro tour cards available which last for 2 years. Any player who is inside the top 64 of the world rankings automatically gets one for the following year. There are a few players outside the the 64 who do have cards for next year and those players won them in last years q school and they expire at the end of the 2012 season.

Any player who does hold a tour card has automatic entry to all players championsip events.

And any player from the BDO system who want to join the PDC have to play in the Q school and win a tour card in order to get on the PDC Pro tour.

Very interesting.

So lets say that Hankey is offered a Premier League spot.... he would have to qualify for a tour card and if he missed out, would have to qualify for any other tournament he played apart from the PL?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,825 ✭✭✭Healio

Degag wrote: »
    Very interesting.

So lets say that Hankey is offered a Premier League spot.... he would have to qualify for a tour card and if he missed out, would have to qualify for any other tournament he played apart from the PL?

IF he gets to the semi of the BDO, he'll automatically be offered a PDC Tour card.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭dartbhoy

I think the John Walton entered is not the John Walton from the BDO. There is another player by the same name who has played in a few PDC tournaments in the past and I think this is the player,not John from the BDO.

I've noticed on the entry list young Welsh BDO player Jamie Lewis has entered. A great prospect is this lad and was very unlucky not to qualify for the last 2 Lakesides. Also rumours on other forums that the 2 West brothers Steve and Tony will be entering.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,943 ✭✭✭abouttobebanned

I'd imagine you can't be THAT good if you couldn't qualify for the lakeside two years in a row.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,584 ✭✭✭pmy.murphy

yeah the lakeside champion gets offered a PL place and a tour card. I thought it was john boy walton myself.
    I heard something about tony west entering too.
    It will be very interesting to see how alan Warriner little does considering hes only played 3 tournaments in the last 3 years and not since the 2010 Australian Open. Hope manley and Mardle do well also.

Advertisement