Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guild/group quests

Options
  • 31-12-2011 12:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭

Was batin' away at the main quest and said id start into the side quests, in oblivion I did it from a combat perspective 1-2 handed combat etc and for skyrim i wanted to do magic more so and then one handed.
    Been working away at both mostly focussing on destruction magic its good fun. Wanted to learn more so went to winterhold college and started that, just at the part after ya get the 3 books and your man visits ya telling to get rid of the giant floating orb thing.
    Anyways Im finding it pretty boring nothing much happens so far, what are the other quest guilds like? Im gonna do thieves and dark brotherhood for sure if thats what there even called but are there any other good rewarding quests?

also, do ya only get attacked by dragons while doing main quest or is it pretty much speradic? I dont know the ending of the main quest and im not persumably anywhere near the end but im assuming the dragons are rid of when completed? I just dont wanna finish the main quest and not have any encounters with dragons while doing everything else if thats even the case.

Thanks.

Also no gueards have ever said the arrow to the knee thing to me yet :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 274 ✭✭kfish2oo2

Dragons never stop coming (even after the main quest) and are always random encounters apart from a few scripted events and dragon lairs (or eeries, since they're pretty much always on top of mountains). Their frequency of attack depends on your level - on the lower difficulty settings you encounter them a lot more but they're fairly easy going, whereas at the higher difficulty levels the attacks are rarer but much much harder.

As for the story quests, personally I found the Magicians quests to be the most boring, Thieves Guild next, Imperial after that and the Dark Brotherhood the best. The Dark Brotherhood quests are brilliant fun, and there's a few really great moments (and quite a few pop culture references too).

If you want to do either the Imperial or Stormcloak rebellion quests, they're largely the same, its just your perspective that differs. The Stormcloaks racism becomes a bit hard to deal with sometimes, but thats obviously more of a personal preference than anything else.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,132 ✭✭✭silvine

Also no gueards have ever said the arrow to the knee thing to me yet :confused:

Well then you simply haven't played enough Skyrim.

I'm half way through the mage guild quests and I've started the Brave Companions quests.

The mage guild ones so far are a case of fetch this find that (although they do tie in nicely with Gaulders amulet quest line). The Brave companion ones seems to be go there, kill them.

I've completed seven of the main quests and am finding the shouts, particularly unrelenting force, handy in a pinch.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,715 ✭✭✭✭klose

I went back to the main quest for a while then back to mages one, at the part in the drarven mines.
    The **** is the deal with the technology? I think its a bit far fetched but i guess its something different, gave in at this point as I kept dying. Started the companions now for some full on killing.
    Im doing it on adept and finding it a real challenege but really enjoyable, I cant imagine doing it on the harder/hardest setting??

Thats good to hear about the dragons stay on in the game..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭Zomg Okay

The **** is the deal with the technology?

Dwarves are big into engineering, construction, machinery etc. in many different fantasy stories. Dwarves with machines isn't that far fetched. They certainly aren't unique to the Elder Scrolls.

Advertisement