Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: Namlub

• 31-12-2011 1:00am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭

N to the A to the M to the LUB,
    She loves nothing more than drinking in the club.
    G to the I to the N to the GER,
    Expect a baiting if you mess with her.
    F to the E to the M to the ALE,
    Call her a male and she'll soon require bail.
    B to the A to the N to the TER,
    You might piss your pants if you hang with her!

So, yes, it is officially the turn of Nam to the L U B in the playpen.

I once heard a rumour that his name was an anagram for I'm a sexy mo-fo but it turned out to be lies. Do you know what else turned out to be lies? He is not actually a he. Just a manly female, obvs. She is the bantesorous-rex. She's also ginger.

She's from the undiscovered land of Cork, where she can be regularly spotted walking along Grand Parade shouting "ECHO".

She wishes she and I could be the Chuck and Blair of C&H, but I think the story is more like Romeo and Juliet, in that, I'd be Rose and I'd let her fall off the door because I'd rather have comfort than Jack (Namlub). Soz bbz, I still love you though. (LOL JK!).

Now, for those of you who are unfamiliar with the being only known as Namlub, here are a selection of his greatest posts in C&H:
    One of my fb friends has just created an album called OMG my hair is tied up, consisting of photos of her hair - tied up. It contains 44 photos.

I cannot wait until I don't have to see these people 5 times a week.
    One time, jumpguy punched me in the face. It was awesome.
    My mum just sent me an email, to my gmail account, inviting me to open a gmail account. She then sent me a blank email entitled 'CLAIRE THIS IS YOUR MOTHER'. Odd woman.

Let your questions roll in, but don't question her about her gingerness, her manliness. She's a lover of the emotional key change in Little Mix's rendition of Cannonball, so feel free to question her on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,152 ✭✭✭Cakes.

I heard your Ginger, is it true?

Do you have freckles?

Favourite bread?

Dundalk, opinion?

Deutschland, es ist gut, ja?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

Em, tad early there. I'm gonna lock this until Roland's thread is finished and I'll reopen it on Sunday :)

Never mind >.>

Note to self: Keep track of what day it is from now on. I seem to have lost 2 days somewhere...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

what's your opinion on the emotional key change in Little Mix's rendition of Cannonball?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Thanks for the intro Noely. And for reminding me that this was happening today >_>
    I heard your Ginger, is it true?
    Yes, I have no soul and I'll eat your firstborn child

Do you have freckles? On my arms, everywhere else I'm just deathly pale. I thought I got a tan once, but I was mistaken.

Favourite bread? M&S olive ciabatta. I still love some ciabatta, despite a certain incident

Dundalk, opinion? Can anyone say for sure that it really exists?

Deutschland, es ist gut, ja? Danke schoen. Bitte schoen. Lebensraum.
    Herenvolk.
    'I've got the moves like Jagger!' - Oscar Wilde

Grindylow wrote: »
    what's your opinion on the emotional key change in Little Mix's rendition of Cannonball? Disgusting. Damien Rice is turning in his grave
    'Tomorrow is Saturday, and Sunday comes afterwards, I don't want this weekend to end' - Sigmund Freud

• Advertisement

Does you head get very hot and the rest of your body is cold?

Cark is bad, yea?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,076 ✭✭✭Eathrin

How much has living in Cork affected your ability to be understood by the rest of us?

Do you ever forget that you're ginger for a moment and stop, drop 'n roll?

Turns me on. First word that comes to your head?

Annihilate. First word that comes to your head?

What is your opinion of KFC?

Do you ever close your eyes and pretend that you are a chair?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Where is barracks street?

Are you going to go to UCC after the leaving?

You're opinion on the buses in cork??

Do you infact reside on the northside??

I have more questions but im distracted atm..

Does you head get very hot and the rest of your body is cold? Because of the hair or because of a serious blood circulation problem? My hair's getting so long I'd say I could use it as a scarf though...

Cark is bad, yea? It's better than some places (Baghdad, Leitrim, etc) but leaving is like the main goal of my life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Story?

How are you?

Best place to eat in Cork?

Best gig/concert/festival you've attended?

If you could see 5 acts live, who would it be and why?

Any hidden talents?

Favourite item of clothing?

Would you ever get rid of your ginger hair (ie. dye it)?

Do you remember Dancing Dave?

If so, what ever happened to him?

Leaving cert, some craic yes?

Favourite fruit?

If you could only shop in one clothing shop what shop would it be?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,068 ✭✭✭LoonyLovegood

Faavourite band?
    Summer or winter?
    Cark or Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark?
    Favourite place in the world?
    Do you even go here?

I had an entire reply written out then my iPod browser automatically refreshed. How inconsiderate.
    Cian A wrote: »
    How much has living in Cork affected your ability to be understood by the rest of us? Notataaaall boi. Like.

Do you ever forget that you're ginger for a moment and stop, drop 'n roll? Don't believe what you read on the internet, having red hair does not mean that my head is in fact on fire.

Turns me on. First word that comes to your head? Sock puppets
    Only joking. That's two words.

Annihilate. First word that comes to your head? Schwarzenneger

What is your opinion of KFC? Never had it tbh. It seems...fine.

Do you ever close your eyes and pretend that you are a chair? More importantly, does a chair ever close its eyes and pretend that it is a Namlub?
    rhlwz6.gif
    This is a top quality gif

Favourite boardsie?

Sex or chocolate?

Why do you smoke?

Are you aware smoking is unappealing?

Why are you a hermaphrodite?

Where is barracks street? Around by St Finbarr's, then right a bit, then left a bit. I never was good at directions...

Are you going to go to UCC after the leaving? I'd prefer to go to Dublin but we'll see.

You're opinion on the buses in cork?? I despise my local bus more than anything in this world, the fact I have to rely on it to get places actually ruins my life. So that would be a low opinion.

Do you infact reside on the northside?? Technically north-west but it's basically the country, so we don't have proper knackers or anything like that.

I have more questions but im distracted atm..Undistract yourself, the suspense is killing me.
    2vd4cc0.jpg

M&S* wrote: »
    Story? Story with a kiss love?

How are you? Ridiculously bored. I'm watching The Story of Ireland ffs It's actually kinda interesting

Best place to eat in Cork? KCs! If you're one of those fancy types who likes to sit down (on benches) to eat, Wagamama.

Best gig/concert/festival you've attended? Oxegen 2k11. Which coincidentally is the only gig/concert/festival I've attended, apart from Richie Kavanagh at Ballincollig Shopping Centre (by accident)

If you could see 5 acts live, who would it be and why? Daft Punk, Radiohead, M83 (for epicness) The Strokes (because I should have seen them at Oxegen but I'm an idiot) and The Beatles (unlikely)

Any hidden talents? I can touch my nose with my tongue. It's pretty sexy.

Favourite item of clothing? My Topshop leather jacket because I've had it for years and can wear it with anything. Or else fluffy socks. Mmm fluffy <3

Would you ever get rid of your ginger hair (ie. dye it)? I tried twice, but it just went a subtly different shade of ginger >_> I've come to quite like it lately though...

Do you remember Dancing Dave? Yes! His headphones were never connected to anything. True story.

If so, what ever happened to him? There were all these rumours that he died a few years but apparently that wasn't actually true, which is quite awkward. Haven't seen him in years though...

Leaving cert, some craic yes? I'd do it twice if I could, so much fun <3 Actually I probably will end up doing it twice if I don't stop procrastinating

Favourite fruit? Grapes. Love me some grapes. Though I don't like wine.

If you could only shop in one clothing shop what shop would it be?If money wasn't an issue, Topshop or Urban Outfitters (because that way I could get books and novelty mugs and whatnot as well). Otherwise H&M.
    wvwhvk.jpg

CTYIgirl wrote: »
    Faavourite band? If I had to choose (and clearly I do because that is the object of the question) Daft Punk

Summer or winter? Winter. Yeah, I'm one of those weirdos. Lovely crisp snowy weather and I feel less guilty for staying at home and generally being unsocial.

Cark or Caaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaark? Cark bah. Apparently I say Coooork because I'm posh like that :cool:

Favourite place in the world? France. Oh how I love and miss that country

Do you even go here? No...I just have a lot of feelings

34iqy42.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,394 ✭✭✭JamJamJamJam

I didn't know you were from Cork :D Whoop :)

If you had to go to any stand-up comedy gig ever, whose would you go to?

Do you cringe when you hear a recording of your voice?

What does Namlub mean?

What's your favourite movie?

Biggest turn-off a person can have?

If you could be any celebrity, who would you be?

Favourite board game?

Favourite boardsie? Noel2k8. He was better than you.

Sex or chocolate? Yes

Why do you smoke? Because it's what cool people in movies do

Are you aware smoking is unappealing? Are you aware your mom's chest hair is unappealing?

Why are you a hermaphrodite? Because I'm an invertebrate and in these groups, hermaphroditism is a normal condition, enabling a form of sexual reproduction in which both partners can act as the "female" or "male"
    My name's Shaniqua, and what?

I didn't know you were from Cork :D Whoop :)My location is actually a cleverly disguised anagram of 'I'm from Cork'

It's not really :'(

If you had to go to any stand-up comedy gig ever, whose would you go to? Eddie Izzard. Though I don't find him as funny now that he's stopped dressing as a woman?

Do you cringe when you hear a recording of your voice? Ugh yes, I sound like a goat on drugs

What does Namlub mean? It means 'ginger female' in Arabic

>_>

What's your favourite movie? I never have any idea how to answer this. The best one I've seen recently is In Bruges

Biggest turn-off a person can have? Not being funny. Humour is the main quality I value in a person, as wrong as that probably is.

If you could be any celebrity, who would you be? Emma Stone. I love her, and she's going out with Andrew Garfield <3

Favourite board game? Cluedo. I don't think I've actually played a boardgame since I was like 12 though...
    Dr. Guilaume Secretan: You - are a *gingre*.
    Dr. Macartney: I am a *fraise-blonde*.

Are you aware Noel2k8 was actually Noel2k9? LOLERS

How much do you love me?

If you were a fruit what would you be?

Do you smell like cheese?

• Advertisement

Rocky Horror Picture Show, the best movie ever?

Plans for tonight?

Do people thrown stuff at you in the street because you are Ginger?

Are you cold on the inside?

Are you aware Noel2k8 was actually Noel2k9? LOLERS Noel2k8 was wittier and more attractive than any of the other Noels on boards could ever be. May he rest in peace.

How much do you love me? Two inches.

If you were a fruit what would you be? A lemon cos I am so bittah.

Do you smell like cheese? Not at the moment, no.

hta7n8.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,248 ✭✭✭Slow Show

What do you want to do in college?

Where're you hoping to go?

Favourite TV show ever?

Favourite movie ever?

Doing anything for New Year's or are you joining our boards loner party?

Any new year's resolutions?

How does your Christmas tree make you feel at the moment? Mine makes me feel really sad :(

Biggest regret?

Best 'mistake' you ever made?

Favourite thing about yourself?

Favourite historical figure?

How would you define a perfect moustache?

:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,840 ✭✭✭Luno

Trip to KC's? :D

What would you order?

Out for the night?

Rocky Horror Picture Show, the best movie ever?
    I'd give it two thumbs up

Plans for tonight? I refuse to go to town, my friends are going 'ironically' bushing in the middle of nowhere, which sounds awful, so I'm staying in to watch Bruno and contemplate my own morality.

Do people thrown stuff at you in the street because you are Ginger? No, I actually receive many compliments, such as from random women in Dunnes.

Are you cold on the inside? No, I am an endotherm. An endotherm is an organism that produces heat through internal means, such as muscle shivering or increasing its metabolism (Greek: endon = "within", thermē = "heat"). The opposite of endothermy is ectothermy.

Slow Show wrote: »
    What do you want to do in college? Law and French, or Law, or French and English, or English. Or European Studies. I'm decisive.

Where're you hoping to go? Preferably Trinity, but the more real the whole college thing becomes, the more I freak out and become a human crumble at the prospect of moving out/going to a new city where I don't know anyone (bar my sister). I frustrate myself.

Favourite TV show ever? Green Wing, Peep Show, Frasier, Sex and the City (I know...). I still love True Blood and Misfits even though they've been getting steadily worse since their first seasons...

Favourite movie ever? The Room

Doing anything for New Year's or are you joining our boards loner party? I'll have you know that I'm at a crazy NYE party right now. Whoah the banter.

Any new year's resolutions? To start actually studying before I fail at life, and to start reading and listening to proper music again. Though if I plan to study properly I shouldn't have enough spare time to read, so I am presented with a conundrum.

How does your Christmas tree make you feel at the moment? Mine makes me feel really sad :(Yeah, I hate how all the signs of Christmas start to disappear around now :'(

Biggest regret? Not working harder to save a lot of old friendships.

Best 'mistake' you ever made? Going to France by myself this summer. People just thought it was the weirdest thing ever because generally teenage girls like to do things in massive groups, but it was amazing and I know I wouldn't have had the same experience if I had gone with other people

Favourite thing about yourself? I can be reasonably amusing, I guess. Also like my eyebrows...

Favourite historical figure? At the moment Michael Collins. Not that I'm an '800 years, up the ra!' type person, but oh god the movie <3

How would you define a perfect moustache? 'Dalí – narrow, long points bent or curved steeply upward; areas past the corner of the mouth must be shaved. Artificial styling aids needed. Named after Salvador Dalí.'19uo11.jpg Epic.

:)

No-one shouted shtop!

M&S* wrote: »
    Trip to KC's? :DYeah sure, I'll pick you up. I can't drive, but that's irrelevant.

What would you order? Creole, always a creole. I'm terrified to order anything else because of the inevitable disappointment when it's not as nice

Out for the night? Nah, no-one had a good plan so I'm keeping with my tradition of having deathly boring New Years Eves
    I always wonder my so many people have their full names as their boards username

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭Richard Cranium

Are you for the Pigbull Tripetreshen?

*prays that somebody gets the reference

Are you for the Pigbull Tripetreshen?

*prays that somebody gets the reference
    Yes, yes I am.

That graffiti that used to be everywhere around Cork a few years ago?
    :pac:
    You go Glen Coco!

• Advertisement

What is your opinion on the following things:

Harry Potter
    Waterford
    Me
    Oxegen
    Teen pregnancy
    Pro life campaigners
    Atheism