Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

In The Playpen: Namlub

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,298 ✭✭✭Namlub

Grindylow wrote: »
    What is your opinion on the following things:

Harry Potter I'd shift him. I cried when Dumbledore died. Severus Snape is some man for one man. The Order of The Phoenix is the most boring of all the movies. I never liked Ginny.

Waterford A disproportionate number of C&Hers are from there. Waterford City isn't really a city, is it?

Me You're a strong black woman who don't need no man.

Oxegen It was the bants. I left my dad's tent there and told him it got slashed, because I
    couldn't be bothered taking it down. I still don't think he's forgiven me. I text you there because I was alone and couldn't find my tent and you never text back </3

Teen pregnancy Great craic

Pro life campaigners I'm sure some of them are reasonable enough, but the ones of seen in Cork are all too fond of just using pictures to shock people into signing some petition or other rather than actually informing them of anything. I disapprove.

Atheism I'm more agnostic myself but no problem with it. Militant atheists are annoying, but
    so are militant anything really.

Powerpuff girls I can't remember their names and it us a cruel reminder of how fast my childhood is fading. Buttercup, Bubbles and...Benjamin?
    Those women were in the nip!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,272 ✭✭✭Captain Graphite

Where're you hoping to go? Preferably Trinity, but the more real the whole college thing becomes, the more I freak out and become a human crumble at the prospect of moving out/going to a new city where I don't know anyone (bar my sister). I frustrate myself.

Do it. Seriously, go to Dublin. There is so much more to do there. If I could go back in time I would have gone to Trinity or UCD because Cork is seriously too small (let alone any other "cities" in Ireland.)

Speaking of Cork, despite it's smallness I don't appear to have ever bumped into you on the street (that one street Cork has.) Why is this? Do you avoid me because you despise me? :(

If Pacman was called Blackman, and all the ghosts were white, would that be racist?

If ζ(z) is a complex valued function in an infinite dimensional Banach space, who's the coolest member of One Direction?

Suppose the marketing whores at DIAGEO are about to launch a new cocktail; the Namlub. You must design this cocktail. What shall it contain? And, more importantly, shall it come with a tiny umbrella?

Now suppose, after the huge success of the Namlub, Kim Jong un appoints you as his successor. As the new Dear Leader of North Korea, do you bring democracy and stability to the people or do you continue the reign of brutal dictatorship and brainwashing?

Do it. Seriously, go to Dublin. There is so much more to do there. If I could go back in time I would have gone to Trinity or UCD because Cork is seriously too small (let alone any other "cities" in Ireland.) You're right I know, I just need to man up, put my balls to the wall, etc. Well, in a manner of speaking...

Speaking of Cork, despite it's smallness I don't appear to have ever bumped into you on the street (that one street Cork has.) Why is this? Do you avoid me because you despise me? :(I've actually seen you numerous times, but I felt compelled to hide behind conveniently located bushes or disguise myself as a mannequin to save you the disappointment of realising that I'm a 47 year-old man I'm just awkward and unfunny in real life

If Pacman was called Blackman, and all the ghosts were white, would that be racist? Yes, not to mention incredibly difficult to play as Pacman/Blackman would just blend in with the background.

If ζ(z) is a complex valued function in an infinite dimensional Banach space, who's the coolest member of One Direction? By virtue of the fact that he is the most uncool, which I consider cool, I would say Niall. The rest of them swan around in their chinos dating models and older women, then you look at the big Irish head on him and he just looks so confused and out of place, like he got lost on the way to play hurling. He amuses me.

Suppose the marketing whores at DIAGEO are about to launch a new cocktail; the Namlub. You must design this cocktail. What shall it contain? And, more importantly, shall it come with a tiny umbrella? Rum, amaretto, vanilla coke and lime (I'm actually intrigued by this combination and would like to try it), to be served in a scale model of Marty Morrisey, made of glass. Naturally it would have a tiny umbrella AND a sparkler, until the inevitable lawsuit by someone who didn't realise that fire was dangerous and tried to eat it, and it has to be removed.

Now suppose, after the huge success of the Namlub, Kim Jong un appoints you as his successor. As the new Dear Leader of North Korea, do you bring democracy and stability to the people or do you continue the reign of brutal dictatorship and brainwashing?I would never be so presumptuous as to impose democracy in the totalitarian state they so lovingly maintained, I mean that would be like a totally fascist thing to do. I would stop threatening the western world with nuclear weapons though, it's risky enough for a country that barely has the internet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Noel didn't text me back at Oxegen either. Do you think he thinks he's too cool for the likes of us? How would you suggest we go about planning our revenge?

Best and worst things about school?

What do you think will be the best and worst things about college?

What is your opinion on:
    Naps
    Cars
    Coffee
    Boards
    RTE

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,059 ✭✭✭Screaminmidget

Wade or Lewis?

• Advertisement

Noel didn't text me back at Oxegen either. Do you think he thinks he's too cool for the likes of us? How would you suggest we go about planning our revenge? OR he was just pretending to be there, but actually spent the whole weekend in his bedroom listening to Steps and weeping. He shan't be invited to Moxygen out my back garden this July anyway.

Best and worst things about school? Best: Leaving :'( Nah, there are certain days when things aren't going too badly, I have grand chats with my friends and I think I could almost miss the place.
    Worst: Not being able to relax or do anything without feeling guilty that I'm not studying, being stuck with the same load of girls for years and general lack of freedom, the fact all anyone seems to talk about anymore is going out and it gets ridiculously boring, maths.

What do you think will be the best and worst things about college? Best: Bants, studying things that I actually like (hopefully), meeting new people, not being treated like an eight your old, and did I mention bants?
    Worst: Not having money, the fact I'll inevitably leave assignments to the last minute, deciding what to do afterwards

What is your opinion on:
    Naps Excellent. When I am leader/dictator, I'll introduce siestas like they have in Spain. Why shouldn't we be entitled to mid-afternoon naps just because it isn't sunny?! :mad:

Cars Handy aul yokes all the same. Would be even handier if I could drive...

Coffee Superior to tea in every way. I even enjoyed the coffee flavour Roses. Vital when I feel like I'm going to die, but need to study. Gooood with a cigarette. Instant coffee is crap.

Boards Prevents me from studying and will be the reason I fail my LC and end up working in a toothpaste factory for all time. Many, many forums I don't understand.

RTE I watch it for Hardy Bucks and films (also Reeling In The Years <3). Other than that, most of what they show is appallingly terrible and they seem to have no idea what people actually want to watch. Annoys me when people complain but still watch it religiously every night because they think it's the only option. Katherine Lynch is not funny.
    I don't know what to put here

Wade or Lewis? Schumacher
    1366963_460s_v1.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

wat is dis/

who u loving?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What does 'Namlub mean?'
    What would your last meal on death row be?

wat is dis/ A thread (sometimes called a topic) is a collection of posts, usually displayed from oldest to latest, although this is typically configurable: Options for newest to oldest and for a threaded view (a tree-like view applying logical reply structure before chronological order) can be available. A thread is defined by a title, an additional description that may summarize the intended discussion, and an opening or original post (common abbreviation OP, which can also mean original poster), which opens whatever dialogue or makes whatever announcement the poster wished. A thread can contain any number of posts, including multiple posts from the same members, even if they are one after the other.

who u loving? My dead gay son

LYK IF U CRIED

• Advertisement

cloud493 wrote: »
    What does 'Namlub mean?' I'm mean?
    What would your last meal on death row be? KCs Creole, my mum's lasagne and baked cheesecake. All washed down with a nice Captain Morgans and Coke, and a heart attack
    Save me Barry!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

What's this captain morgans I keep hearing referenced in irish society?
    Who's barry?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,919 ✭✭✭Grindylow

What's a creole?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,625 ✭✭✭flyswatter

Favourite pizza brand?

China or Dalai Lama?

Preferred animal shown on TV/Film etc?

Do you like dubstep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 780 ✭✭✭cheesefiend

What's the funniest thing you've overheard a stranger saying?

What are you listeneing to right now?

Sum up the your day in one word.

Sum up your 2011 in one word.

Got milk?

cloud493 wrote: »
    What's this captain morgans I keep hearing referenced in irish society? Spiced rum, a delightful beverage with coke, fanta or, in moments of desperation, on its own. Mmm rum
    Who's barry? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=03535JulkYA
    It's funny cos his name is Simon
    I'm not crying. It's just been raining...on my face.

What's a creole? Cajun chicken, chips, lettuce and mayonnaise in a pitta bread. It's a beautiful thing.

What's the funniest thing you've overheard a stranger saying? Only one I can actually remember: "The only woman who regularly texts me is my mum. I'm never going to get a girlfriend unless I trick someone into not being repulsed by me' - Random guy to other random guy in Insomnia.

What are you listeneing to right now? Sherlock Holmes. Oh Robert Downey Jr...

Sum up the your day in one word. Warm

Sum up your 2011 in one word. Interesting

Got milk? Milk chocolate. It's a nutritious source of calcium, y'know.

TSN_meme_hagrid.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭HandsomeDivil

I thought everyone could touch their nose with their tongue or are we just special?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Thought I'd wander over to C&H for a while... :)

If you could play any instrument perfectly (assuming you can't already), what would it be?

Favourite sweet(s) in the Cadbury Roses tin?

What part of France did you go to? (Repondez en français si vous voulez!)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,842 ✭✭✭seanbmc

Hi :)

What's the one gig you want to go to that you haven't been to yet?

Are you going to any music festivals this year?

Coffee or tea?

Favorite country?

Do you have a job?

Pretty sure I'll think of some more later.

BYE

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,810 ✭✭✭Seren_

Would you recommend Green Wing? I vaguely remember watching a few episodes when it was on but wasn't sure of it at the time. My taste in TV is vaguely hipsteresque.

How is babby formed?

How do I shot web?

Are memes annoying?

Should I order a takeaway this evening, even though I have food downstairs?

Thanked this but forgot to answer >.<
    flyswatter wrote: »
    Favourite pizza brand? Dominos for takeaway, Dr Oetker for frozen. I want pizza.

China or Dalai Lama? Dalai Lama, orange is so his colour

Preferred animal shown on TV/Film etc? Penguins are always fun. Babe is the cutest movie animal ever though, after seeing it I went vegetarian for like...a week.

Do you like dubstep? I do, can't say I listen to a huge amount of it though. Speaking of, I just remembered that Oxegen wasn't actually the only time I've been at a proper gig/festival because I saw Bassnectar when I was in Cannes. It is difficult to dance to.

I thought everyone could touch their nose with their tongue or are we just special?
    No, you're part of the club now
    /Does secret handshake
    I want my pink shirt back!

Togepi wrote: »
    Thought I'd wander over to C&H for a while... :)
    You'll regret it >_>

If you could play any instrument perfectly (assuming you can't already), what would it be? Piano. There's actually a piano in my house, which I forgot existed until like last week. I could teach myself to play, like that Beethoven lad...

Favourite sweet(s) in the Cadbury Roses tin? Strawberry! Never trust people who don't like the strawberry Rose

What part of France did you go to? (Repondez en français si vous voulez!) Oh la la. Je suis allee a Cannes pendant deux semaines, c'etait super. Je peux pas utiliser les accents :'(
    Hello, my name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father - prepare to die.

seanbmc wrote: »
    Hi :)Aloha

What's the one gig you want to go to that you haven't been to yet? Daft Punk. I'd die.

Are you going to any music festivals this year? I'd love to go to Benicassim, but everyone else is more interested in going to Magaluf so it's unlikely. Also, most people who say they're going to Tomorrowland are lying

Coffee or tea? Coffee, can't remember the last time I had tea

Favorite country? France/most countries that aren't Ireland

Do you have a job? Nope, but I did before Christmas. I'm due the rest of my wages this week actually, yay money.

Pretty sure I'll think of some more later.

BYE ALOHA
    I had a power nap and now I am so, so awake

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

Namlub wrote: »
    Favourite sweet(s) in the Cadbury Roses tin? Strawberry! Never trust people who don't like the strawberry Rose

What part of France did you go to? (Repondez en français si vous voulez!) Oh la la. Je suis allee a Cannes pendant deux semaines, cetait super (je peux pas utiliser les accents) :'(

Major respect for your answer to the Roses question, my favourite too. I don't get people who dislike them!

Ah trés bien!

Est-ce-que vous êtes allée pour faire un séjour, ou avez vous un petit boulot à Cannes? Je voudrais aller en France une journée. :D

(I'm still unsure of how to fit the word 'there' into a sentence instead of just repeating the place name.) :cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭jefreywithonef

Favourite dictator?

Favourite words? Favourite simile?

Have you ever watched Wonder Boys? Watch Wonder Boys.

You have to choose between:
    Mark and Jez
    Dobbie and Sophie
    John and Edward
    Bourbon and Custard Cream
    Paddington and Yogi
    Rich Tea and Digestive
    Rupert The Bear and Rupert Murdoch
    Michael Jackson, the talented kid, and Michael Jackson, the weird not-a-kid-any-more guy
    Kermit and Elmo
    Florence and The Machine
    tumblr_l77am7BPhh1qztykio1_500.jpg
    and
    220px-37_Lyndon_Johnson_3x4.jpg

Go.

Would you recommend Green Wing? I vaguely remember watching a few episodes when it was on but wasn't sure of it at the time. My taste in TV is vaguely hipsteresque. It makes me laugh more than anything ever and the fact they only made two seasons kills me, but everyone's different (and I've got an odd sense of humour). I'm sure it's all on 4od so you could watch a few episodes and see? I'd say it's suitably non-mainstream.

How is babby formed? In my opinion, they need to do way instain mother> who kill thier babbys. becuse these babby cant frigth back?

How do I shot web? I am not familiar with this
    /leaves internet

Are memes annoying? Old and overused ones are. I'm looking at you, Picard Facepalm

Should I order a takeaway this evening, even though I have food downstairs? As it's now 2:03 and I think there's a hurricane outside, I wouldn't say so, no.

• Advertisement

Togepi wrote: »
    Major respect for your answer to the Roses question, my favourite too. I don't get people who dislike them! Exactly. The orange ones are the real enemy

Ah trés bien!

Est-ce-que vous êtes allée pour faire un séjour, ou avez vous un petit boulot à Cannes? Je voudrais aller en France une journée. :D

(I'm still unsure of how to fit the word 'there' into a sentence instead of just repeating the place name.) :cool: 'Vous y etes alles' ou 'Vous etes alles la', non? Je suis restee dans un college de francais. Tu dois aller, a mon avis un sejour linguistique est un excellent moyen d'ameliorer votre niveau de francais (typical unnatural LC french oral response right there :cool:
    Yvan eht nioj

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement