Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The worst kid's name you've ever heard?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

xanax?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,243 ✭✭✭kelle

Little twins called Pinky and Perky - I imagine after the cartoon pigs. OK, they were only 6 at the time and cute and gorgeous - but they would be 26 now and I would imagine they've since changed their names by deed poll!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭johnners2981

John.

:(

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭working fool

Beyonce
    A common name now amough the pj wearing community

• Registered Users Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭plein de force

Moira

sounds like a granny's name

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭Chuck was taken

Ivy Blue

...Ivy f*cking Blue!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Bebo stunnah

I really hope that they change their surname to Waffle

• Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

Ivy Blue

...Ivy f*cking Blue!!

It's blue ivy actually.. (seen on TMZ)

bfocusd wrote: »

Still a shíte name

• Registered Users Posts: 24 recentlybigl

Zaza.. not even of foreign decent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 723 ✭✭✭bfocusd

bfocusd wrote: »

Still a shíte name

I agree but the reasons to choose it are just as silly, ivy was picked because the no 4 (IV) has brought them luck, both their birthdays are on the 4th, got married on it too..
    As for blue, it's got lots of relevance to jay-z, 3 of his albums include the word blue and he's prob a 'cripp' by his obsession with the colour..

If I was to use there theory, my kid would be Red XIII. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭ToddyDoody

Clement

• Registered Users Posts: 236 ✭✭mayobumblebee

one of my teachers in collage was called fiecra like the toothpaste

have heard
    chantelle
    channese
    lanora
    shakera
    bonny

all girls

i dont hate them all i just think they are unusuall

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

one of my teachers in collage was called fiecra like the toothpaste

The Irish boy's name is Fiacra.
    The toothpaste is Fiacla, which means teeth in Irish!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 617 ✭✭✭Hells Belle

Watching Judge Judy the other day and there was a girl called Lasanya....pronounced exactly like the food. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,397 ✭✭✭Paparazzo

Naming a child is harder is a difficult balancing act. Don't want anything to weird, don't want anything to popular, and if you do find a name that's ok, chances are you've known a knobend with that name and you don't want to associate that name with your child. e.g. "Adolf is nice"
    Someone gave me a book called "cool baby names" and had stuff like Thunder, Ace, Rocky and Hercules.

Traonach wrote: »
    Would the majority of Irish people not be able to pronounce names like Seán, Aoife, Tomás etc?

Well, if it's just the ability to pronounce names that's important, english names should be fine too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 295 ✭✭john t

Ymreh, Venus,

• ToddyDoody wrote: »
    Clement

thats such a knacker name ... oh wait was the baby wearing a suit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

just heard on mid-day on tv3 when they were discussing the baby names-

Ruairc, and- Rinceoil! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭Borat_Sagdiyev

Apologies if this has been posted before but what the hell were the parents thinking?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Misty_Hyman

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 503 ✭✭✭Brendan97

Archibald-Harold Johnstone

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,280 ✭✭✭paperclip2

Cosima and Bruno.

We had a Spanish visitor once called Mercedes. My poor dad could never get her name right. She was called Fiesta for most of her time with us. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭denhaagenite

Siníofa (pronounced shin- eefa) not quite sure of the spelling but at the time I remember thinking "Hmmmm, a cross between Sinéad and Aoife, sounds like the Irish equivalent of Laronda or Moeesha". I think it is actually an Irish name though...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭LittleBook

I used to work with a girl called Lasairfhíona (pronounced Lassarina) who insisted everyone called her "Lassie" ... :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

Wayne
    Dwayne
    Troy
    Tyrone

All awful!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,081 ✭✭✭jcf

Regina ..... and her parents are native English speakers ... I mean a life sentence of slagging inflicted on their daughter.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,446 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Trafford. His dad is naturally a Man United fan...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

jcf wrote: »
    Regina ..... and her parents are native English speakers ... I mean a life sentence of slagging inflicted on their daughter.

I know a couple of girls called Regina.
    I also know a Eugena. Not cute!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭LenaClaire

It would seem that no matter how badly a parent can name their child people can find a way to make it worse for themselves...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45926359/ns/us_news-weird_news/#.TwsAVm85IZQ
    Authorities in southern Wisconsin are facing a tongue twister thanks to the arrest of Beezow Doo-Doo Zopittybop-Bop-Bop.

The unusually named 30-year-old man was in jail Sunday in Madison. Police say he violated his bail conditions from a previous run-in with the law.
    Court records show that his name used to be Jeffrey Drew Wilschke. He legally changed it in October.
    The Capital Times reports that Zopittybop-Bop-Bop was arrested last week after residents complained of excessive drinking and drug use near Reynolds Park in Madison. Authorities say he was arrested in another local park last April after police found a loaded handgun in his backpack.
    He's tentatively charged with carrying a concealed knife, and possession of drug paraphernalia and marijuana.
    Jail records don't list his bail amount or an attorney.

• Advertisement

dulpit wrote: »
    Trafford. His dad is naturally a Man United fan...

I'd become a hardcore liverpool fan just to spite him

• Registered Users Posts: 264 ✭✭mariano rivera

al28283 wrote: »
    Angus, Keith, or Deirdre

"Put Kettle on Deirdre"

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭Ninap

I know a strange woman who called her child Gordion (as in the knot)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

four18 wrote: »
    NEADUS CALLUS

I used to deal with this guy, He owns an alarm company, Nice guy but what were his parents thinking ?:( And He is 100% Irish !

That's the name of his company, not his name .I know him and his family well.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,071 ✭✭✭✭wp_rathead

Worst I heard was a lil boy called Uisce!!!:eek::eek:

Its not even a name!! Plus it's naming them their child after the wrong form of Matter for feck sake. should have called them Carraig- at least it is a solid not a liquid..
    Hopefully it is some sort of nickname- but it was the mother introducing him to another mother so doubt she'd give a nickname.. poor kid

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭daithi1970

There's a story in the book Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen j Dubner concerning a family in Brooklyn who had several children, of which the last 2 were called Winner and Loser:eek::eek:
    Ironically, (or maybe not) Winner has a record as long as your arm,while Loser is a sergeant in the NYPD. (See pages 163-165)

AA Gill in an article a few years ago when discussing crap names did some research and found that in 2007, there were 6 children in the New York Metroplitan Area given the name Unique , while only one was given the name Uneek........

daithi

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Bella mamma

Maybe my own.
    I'm afraid to look back and see is it on this list :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭Nyan Cat

I'm hard pressed to think past Blanket

Jed Exodus - Any Lee Evans fans will know what I'm talking about

• Registered Users Posts: 1,903 ✭✭✭Napper Hawkins

Mingus.

Mingus.

Fúck. Off.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 99 ✭✭suzzi

daithi1970 wrote: »
    There's a story in the book Freakonomics by Steven Levitt and Stephen j Dubner concerning a family in Brooklyn who had several children, of which the last 2 were called Winner and Loser:eek::eek:
    Ironically, (or maybe not) Winner has a record as long as your arm,while Loser is a sergeant in the NYPD. (See pages 163-165)

AA Gill in an article a few years ago when discussing crap names did some research and found that in 2007, there were 6 children in the New York Metroplitan Area given the name Unique , while only one was given the name Uneek........

daithi

unique & his sister monique!......nice!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭lynski

romavita
    apparently parents got married in rome and she was told she could not conceive but did hence vita for life. surname was o'leary or similar.
    there is a little 4yr old tiger in naas area too, poor kid.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭amtw

About 30 years ago I met a 16 year old who had twins called them JR and Sue Ellen!

• Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭luvnit!

44leto wrote: »
    All the stupid Gaelic names

ANY of them

Whats wrong with irish names???

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 95 ✭✭Henrib

There were 3 girls in my son's primary school class (a while back and not in Ireland) named after US states although no american connection in any of the families;
    Georgia
    Montana
    Tennessee
    There was also a Paris in his class, cant remember but I think that was a boy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

My mate's nephew is called Ace. Now if his second name was Power it would be pretty badass.

But it's not.. it's Fitzsimons.

Ace ****ing Fitzsimons. Lame.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭Pissmire

Cedric, Oilean (island I think) Cecil.

Maybe mentioned already...sorry 34 pages, life's just too short.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

One name which mad me cringe when I heard it was a poor girl who was named Chardonnay

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,601 ✭✭✭MidnightQueen

Blue Ivy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,802 ✭✭✭beks101

Just getting back to the OP...'Isis' is a media production programme, it's on my desktop and I use it every day.

http://www.avid.com/US/products/family/ISIS-Unity

Actually the full name is 'Avid Isis 5000', maybe the parents should have gone with that, has a better ring to it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement