Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from weather forum

Options
  • 31-12-2011 2:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I have been banned from the weather forum for a week for accusing a moderator (Su Campu) of being a bully to another poster (darkman2).

I genuinely felt the moderator in question was using his position to ridicule the user under the guise of moderation. At no point did I abuse the moderator personally, but I did imply that his posts were bullying in nature.

I don't believe I should have been banned from the entire weather forum for this, and I do believe it is something that should have been raised.

thanks,

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Hi,

Just curious if anyone managed to get a look at this.

cheers, and happy new year.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,373 ✭✭✭Dr Galen

No one has looked at this yet, obviously the time of year has had a role in this.

I'll take a look and get back to you

Thanks

DrG

Should have a decision on this later on today all being well

Cheers

DrG

So I've taken a look at this, the thread and the PM's that were exchanged.

Firstly, lets deal with why you were banned.

Su Campu issues not one, but three warnings to stay on topic. It was also pointed out how posters could go about airing any issues they had with the forum and/or it's moderation.

You ignored this direction.

In my opinion, and if I was the Mod here, I would have issued a ban too tbh.

Where I would differ however is the length of the ban.

I have discussed this with Su Campu, and the ban is going to be reduced to three days in duration. I'll take care of lifting this ban when the time is up.

This should serve as a reminder to posters that despite any differences that they may have with moderation, on thread is not the place to be bringing it up. Even if you disagree with a Mod, when asked to keep it on the topic at hand, you don't keep poking the proverbial bear with the stick.

I hope that this is something that can now be left behind and you can return to posting on the forum in a constructive fashion.

Cheers

DrG

• Registered Users Posts: 1,132 ✭✭✭novarock

Cheers for having a look Dr. Galen, I appreciate the reduction.

I was typing the post that I got banned for as Su Campu posted the final warning, I would certainly have not posted if I had seen it earlier.

One question, my issue was with a moderator, and wanting to report him, do I PM the moderator in question, or another moderator.

cheers.
    Dr Galen wrote: »
    So I've taken a look at this, the thread and the PM's that were exchanged.

Firstly, lets deal with why you were banned.

Su Campu issues not one, but three warnings to stay on topic. It was also pointed out how posters could go about airing any issues they had with the forum and/or it's moderation.

You ignored this direction.

In my opinion, and if I was the Mod here, I would have issued a ban too tbh.

Where I would differ however is the length of the ban.

I have discussed this with Su Campu, and the ban is going to be reduced to three days in duration. I'll take care of lifting this ban when the time is up.

This should serve as a reminder to posters that despite any differences that they may have with moderation, on thread is not the place to be bringing it up. Even if you disagree with a Mod, when asked to keep it on the topic at hand, you don't keep poking the proverbial bear with the stick.

I hope that this is something that can now be left behind and you can return to posting on the forum in a constructive fashion.

Cheers

DrG

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

novarock wrote: »
    One question, my issue was with a moderator, and wanting to report him, do I PM the moderator in question, or another moderator.
    If you have an issue with a Moderator you can PM the Category Moderators (in this case Dr Galen, DrIndy and sam34) and raise the issue with them primarily.or you can start a thread in Help Desk.

Marking this as resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement