Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hipster Bo//ox

Comments

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 23,226 Mod ✭✭✭✭GLaDOS

Don't see anything hipster about the video, surely hating/ignoring new years would be the thing, considering it's as "mainstream" as you can get?

Cake, and grief counseling, will be available at the conclusion of the test

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 35,954 ✭✭✭✭Larianne

Some people so angry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

Don't see anything hipster about the video, surely hating/ignoring new years would be the thing, considering it's as "mainstream" as you can get?

She's playing a ukelele and wearing a tiara, "quirkyness" is a classic symptom of Hipster.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

Dean09 wrote: »
    Fukn hipsters.
    Anybody see that hipster "art" video where some chick pours beans on herself while talking backwards and fingering herself, and then she finishes off by píssing in a can??!!!

One of the weirdest fukn videos I've ever seen.

No but I now fully intend to...

Wertz wrote: »

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭LightningBolt

+1

Wannabe pretentious asswipes.

WTF!

Bítch be crazy. All the gob****es looking at each other nervously not knowing how to react, it was far from "hipster" them lot were raised.

WTF!

Bítch be crazy. All the gob****es looking at each other nervously not knowing how to react, it was far from "hipster" them lot were raised.

6:35 ..... "Yeeaahh Art"

Clowns.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,325 ✭✭✭Eviledna

Acacia wrote: »
    Used to be people like that in rocker/metalhead groups I hung around with as a teenager... particularly the whole "random" thing. They used to act as ''crazy'' and ''random'' as possible to get attention. A particular favorite was offering "free hugs" to strangers cause they were just so alternative and weird , yeah?

This.

This crap has been done so many times and called so many things, hipster is just the latest label. In the end it's just a bunch of arrogant self indulgent navel gazers trying so desperately to be different, to count for something because they know deep down how boring they really are. People eventually grow out of it if they are lucky. Knew many of them, some now living the married with children template life, now laughing at hipsters, unaware of the irony.

It will regurgitate era after era, same sh!te, different day.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,089 ✭✭✭ascanbe

Joseph Gordon-Levitt is one of the few really good actors out there, great style, good acting and has actual charisma, he isn't hipster.

Zooey, she's just a Manic Pixie Dream Girl. It works.

It certainly works.
    Some people like it, others don't and some people find it particularly annoying.
    Like the 'Manic Pixie Dream Girl' reference; think that was coined on the AV Onion board which is chock-full of your 'hipster types' and also your 'i'm here to criticise your hipster types' types.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Duggy747 wrote: »
    Went out with a girl who had hipster friends, drove me daft with their banal antics and their "cultured" views of today.

They loved the word "random" and thought showing me pictures of one of them standing in a wheelie bin was, like, sooooo cewl and random! The idea of them loving Spongebob Squarepants as adults seemed better than actually liking the cartoon itself.

Then they'd break out the fùckin' kazoos because, like, it's soooooo random for someone to have a kazoo in their pocket for, like, no apparent reason.

............and then the Microsoft / Google are evil, Apple are saviours horseshìte ****-fest would be their common topic.

I used to just sit amongst them wondering how the fùck I got myself into these situations.

Kazoos, random, SpongeBob? Sounds like you were hanging out with a bunch of 14 year old girls trying to be alternative. They probobaly wore odd socks and thought it was KERAZZYY!!11!!!11

But really, in any "subculture" you have a load of people trying to fit in, where others just "are". There's nothing wrong with liking a certain type of music, enjoying art and galleries, sipping some great coffee in 3FE, as long as it's in honesty and not to create some version of what you want people to think you are.

But acting like a spannery twat to be cool? Yeah, go away. No one likes a twat. Witnessed a recent exchange on FB that got heated. Someone was told "Indie is over" or some **** as an insult. This coming from someone who used to be an emo/scene kid who's now into a whole other side of music, dubstep etc. Get a life!

To quote the great Abe Simpson

“I used to be with it, but then they changed what ‘it’ was. Now what I’m ‘with’ isn’t ‘it,’ and what’s ‘it’ seems weird and scary to me. It’ll happen to you…”

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Of course judging anything by Youtube comments is like saying "all the people who design and manufacture Audi cars are morons cause I know a moron who drives one."

Youtube comments are home to the moronic, the homophobic and the racist. Even Stormfront looks down on the people who comment on Youtube.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,816 ✭✭✭Acacia

Eviledna wrote: »
    This.

This crap has been done so many times and called so many things, hipster is just the latest label. In the end it's just a bunch of arrogant self indulgent navel gazers trying so desperately to be different, to count for something because they know deep down how boring they really are. People eventually grow out of it if they are lucky. Knew many of them, some now living the married with children template life, now laughing at hipsters, unaware of the irony.

It will regurgitate era after era, same sh!te, different day.

Pretty much what I've been thinking ever since I realised how much hate is directed towards hipsters. I believe they were called "poncey art students" back in my dad's day. It's all the same bollox, really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,982 ✭✭✭Caliden

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

Yeah but its worth having to put up with the Hipsters cos the coffee is awesome in 3fe

never said there was anything wrong with the coffee! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46,938 ✭✭✭✭Nodin

....a Skinhead revival will take care of them..........

• Registered Users Posts: 5,573 ✭✭✭pragmatic1

In fairness she does have a good voice but its the whole quirky, alternative, I shop in a thrift store, ironic, souless shyte that gets me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,909 ✭✭✭✭Wertz

[/SIZE]

But she's like expressing herself by breaking down the constructs and societal norms and reinterpreting what true art is and what her struggle can say to her peers or something. Someone really ought to buy her a new tin opener as well...

Save the planet? When there's people like this going to inherit it? I also demand most of my seven minutes back and some proper fap material. It's 3am ffs.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭Promac

The hipster thing boils my bile. Skinny jeans, NHS glasses, beanie hats at all times, "retro" photographs of cracked footpaths in suburbia and tattoos of roses all down your arms ... tools.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,034 ✭✭✭Ficheall

I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here... is the OP dissing Zooey? :confused:

Ficheall wrote: »
    I'm not entirely sure what the issue is here... is the OP dissing Zooey? :confused:

Even her name is annoying.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

Hmm, two people, sitting down, singing a little song about new years.

Harmless enough to me...don't get what all the fuss is about

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Meh hipster clothes are the ultimate timesaver, lets you know whos a stuck up more money than sense cúnt with no taste without having to talk to them

Hmm, two people, sitting down, singing a little song about new years.

Harmless enough to me...don't get what all the fuss is about

Yeah and Hitler was just a little bloke who was good at speeches.

And yes i am putting these pair of spacewasters in the same bracket as Hitler.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Cavehill Red

Quite right too: http://hipsterhitler.com/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,207 ✭✭✭longhalloween

A 2 minute youtube song to Nazis in 54 posts.

Not bad AH, not bad...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 80 ✭✭kelty

J. Marston wrote: »
    ''Pack of softcocks'' Ha! Definitely gonna use that in the future.

"miserable cock" is another one for your notes

kelty wrote: »
    "miserable cock" is another one for your notes

I prefer miserly cock, as my mickey is not very giving.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,743 ✭✭✭blatantrereg

oh people are calling them hipsters here too now huh? I preferred it when we just called them dickheads.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

*Steps slowly out of thread in his converse all stars*

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Wertz wrote: »

I dont want them to live on this planet anymore

Advertisement