Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hipster Bo//ox

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,836 ✭✭✭Sir Gallagher

I dont want them to live on this planet anymore

:D:pac: Seriously man gimme a bell when you're getting a ship out of here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

hard pressed to attempt marginalize the collegiate type indypop hipsters by numbers so.. rastafenians cheesegrate my ballsack.. disco bunnies/hip hopsters.. Jive talkin negros with beatboxes on their shoulder.. Twatted up rave hippies.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,515 ✭✭✭LH Pathe

Nodin wrote: »
    ....a Skinhead revival will take care of them..........

just no ska-punk I beg of you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,736 ✭✭✭Irish Guitarist

I've never understood the type of people that get worked up because there's a video on YouTube that they don't like. Can't you use the search box to find something you actually enjoy? Or is it that you enjoy complaining?

I used to upload videos of my guitar playing to YouTube and the messages and comments I got were unbelievable ("I hope you die of cancer", "why don't you kill yourself"). You'd think I had held a gun to these morons heads and forced them to watch my videos.

I think the majority of YouTube members sit around all day watching things they hate just they can have a good whinge.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Tell me i'm not alone in despising this absolutely vomit inducing bo//ox. 3 million odd hits on the net in the past two days or something. Am i just a miserable pr1ck for hating this video and the pathetic subculture it represents?

Here's one of the many cringeworthy "quirky" comments it inspired.

Down through the years there were; Teddyboys, Mods, Punks and Ravers. This pack of softcocks are the coolest bunch of people todays world has to offer. Fck that.
    I just want you to know I only thanked your post because you introduced me to this song; that woman sounds and looks stunning.

I would coat my legs in petroleum jelly and slowly screw myself into a pair of skinny jeans so tight they cut off the circulation to my brain just to go to a polyphonic synth concert with fractal visualization with this bird.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

Tell me i'm not alone in despising this absolutely vomit inducing bo//ox.
    I am not a huge fan of it.
    "Romantic" howling with a cheap guitar, she's so fecking "natural" that I almost saw bushes in her armpits.

And yer man looks like a bit of a retard.

No, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,163 ✭✭✭✭Liam Byrne

Am I the ONLY one who thought this would be a thread about really ill-fitting jeans ?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,788 ✭✭✭✭krudler

wolf moon wrote: »
    I am not a huge fan of it.
    "Romantic" howling with a cheap guitar, she's so fecking "natural" that I almost saw bushes in her armpits.

And yer man looks like a bit of a retard.

No, thanks.

he's also one of the best actors of this generation.

I do hate hipsters though, theres (well was) a girl on my facebook feed who takes pictures of everything with that hipster vision filter on photos, you know the one that makes them look all old and badly developed cos thats so like, random and cool. used to drive me nuts when i worked in a music shop and all these little hipster tim burton loving fcukers would be hugging each other non stop with their jack skellington backpacks and mismatched stripy random socks, eat a bag of dicks you little knobends!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,081 ✭✭✭sheesh

Zooey Deschanel has a very good singing voice !

Yes hipsters can be annoying you have to learn to laugh at them they mean no harm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,945 ✭✭✭Cherry_Cola

Zooey Deschanel can sing, there goes Katy Perry's career!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭shreddedloops

Wow, I can't believe this video is causing so much of a reaction.

It's two quite talented people who probably have a enough money to be doing almost anything they want but instead they sat and performed a lovely song on a cheap webcam just to entertain those who choose to watch it.

That's a big thing to do for any 'ordinary' person let alone two 'celebrities'. I don't see many others doing it anyway.

How that video can anger anyone so much is a mystery to me though. Don't like it? Turn it off.

And I can't see anything overtly hipster about them.

I know that true 'hipsters' do exist (And yes they can be ridiculous) but it seems people are just applying the word 'hipster' to things they simply don't like/don't understand/are jealous of.

Ironically it seems all this 'hipster' stuff is a little too mainstream for you :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

That Zooey chick is queen of the hipsters, she's not even that fit.

PK2008 wrote: »

take that back!

zooey-deschanel-88643.jpg

om nom nom nom

• Closed Accounts Posts: 644 ✭✭✭wolf moon

krudler wrote: »
    He played the role perfectly so.

* Excuse my ignorance, but according to what sources is he the best actor of this generation and what has he achieved? Just asking...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,219 ✭✭✭PK2008

take that back!

om nom nom nom

Meh, she's ok but there's a lot better out there,

Just cos she wears converse with a dress, 1950 glasses, carries a fairy wand made out of retro sweets or some bo//ox the hispters cream themselves.

Also I hate, HATE, when those c**ts wear scarves with t-shirts. ARGHHH Hipsters!!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

PK2008 wrote: »

take that back!

ht tp://images.askmen.com/photos/zooey-deschanel/zooey-deschanel-88643.jpg

om nom nom nom

All she's missing is a giant pair of tits...

0615-katy-perry-times-square-00-480x720.jpg

Sorry zoooey, you are now obsolete.

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭cocalolaman

*Image showing bimbo with saggy tits*

Yeeahhh...no.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

take that back!

om nom nom nom

Id look that good to if i had a make up artist

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭John Doe1

[Img][/img]http://slikmusicchart.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/0615-katy-perry-times-square-00-480x720.jpg

shes single now, yay:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,171 ✭✭✭af_thefragile

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,225 ✭✭✭airmax87

they are starting to wear air max now, thats not sound at all

wolf moon wrote: »
    He played the role perfectly so.

* Excuse my ignorance, but according to what sources is he the best actor of this generation and what has he achieved? Just asking...

didnt say he was the best, but one of the best. just watch anything he's in , great actor,Inception,500 Days Of Summer, Brick, 50/50, all great performances. he's in The Dark Knight Rises as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,679 ✭✭✭hidinginthebush

John Doe1 wrote: »

[Img][/img]http://slikmusicchart.files.wordpress.com/2010/06/0615-katy-perry-times-square-00-480x720.jpg

shes single now, yay:D

Baggsie mine!

That's right lads, I baggsied her :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭Caraville

Ah in fairness they're both talented people, at least for all their "quirkiness" they have the goods to back it up. It's the types who bitch and moan about society and mope around coffee shops whilst writing self-centred rants on a crappy blog but not actually going out there and bettering themselves that irk me. But that's all, they just irk me, doesn't affect me that much in fairness. There's worse going on in the world!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

Caraville wrote: »
    Ah in fairness they're both talented people, at least for all their "quirkiness" they have the goods to back it up. It's the types who bitch and moan about society and mope around coffee shops whilst writing self-centred rants on a crappy blog but not actually going out there and bettering themselves that irk me. But that's all, they just irk me, doesn't affect me that much in fairness. There's worse going on in the world!

Exactly. These two barely qualify as hipsters, there way worse than them going about.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,718 ✭✭✭upandcumming

Wow, I can't believe this video is causing so much of a reaction.

It's two quite talented people who probably have a enough money to be doing almost anything they want but instead they sat and performed a lovely song on a cheap webcam just to entertain those who choose to watch it.

That's a big thing to do for any 'ordinary' person let alone two 'celebrities'. I don't see many others doing it anyway.

How that video can anger anyone so much is a mystery to me though. Don't like it? Turn it off.

And I can't see anything overtly hipster about them.

I know that true 'hipsters' do exist (And yes they can be ridiculous) but it seems people are just applying the word 'hipster' to things they simply don't like/don't understand/are jealous of.

Ironically it seems all this 'hipster' stuff is a little too mainstream for you :p

Oh... these people have lots of money, yet they only have a cheap webcam. Why is this important?

And come off that shit of making a video is a big thing to do for anyone. Its a piece of piss, I've done it, just like millions of other idiots that have done it. It is nothing.

Also, this idea that people have... "Don't like it? Turn it off" is complete bollocks. The content is there to be discussed, enjoyed, hated etc.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,299 ✭✭✭✭MadsL

68RSv.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

I'm guessing they have a new film coming out soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭Holmer

Zooey Deschanel does all the lucrative advertisements for the big-brand, mainstream Rimmel cosmetics; surely she’s disqualified from the world of hipsterness?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,650 ✭✭✭sensibleken

I do hate hipsters though, theres (well was) a girl on my facebook feed who takes pictures of everything with that hipster vision filter on photos, you know the one that makes them look all old and badly developed cos thats so like, random and cool. used to drive me nuts when i worked in a music shop and all these little hipster tim burton loving fcukers would be hugging each other non stop with their jack skellington backpacks and mismatched stripy random socks, eat a bag of dicks you little knobends!

they werent hipsters, they sound more like baby goths/central bank types. I used to work in piercing studios so youd get to know various fads the kids were into

Advertisement