Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Good place in Melbourne for an afternoon date?

Options
  • 31-12-2011 6:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭

Haven't been really in on the dating scene since I've been in Australia, as I have been moving about a fair bit, but have a date with a nice pretty local girl next week:) and need to find a good place to take her in Melbourne's CBD. Meeting her in the afternoon and I suggested coffee. So looking for a place that is not too classy, but at the same time, not too casual. Somewhere chilled out and relaxing, with a few couches. It doesnt have to be a cafe, a nice quiet pub could be good also.

I walked down the cafe strips near flinders lane today and wasn't really feeling any of them. A bit too casual for a date. Also the weather will be 40 degrees early next week:eek: so somewhere indoors with good air conditioning is a must. Would much rather CBD for convenience for both of us, rather than a place like Chapel St.

All suggestions welcome. :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 469 ✭✭universe777

World Cafe Southbank

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

PJ's Southbank I hear you need a bird to get in like.....

Sorry I jest. There is a really nice place called the Loft On Lonsdale might be good

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

Jaysus, you'd want to be some spoon to take a girl to PJ's on a date :D No doubt it has been done of course :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭myflipflops

World Cafe Southbank

This. Good spot.

If just having a beer, Ponyfish Island on the river is also a great place when the sun is out.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

04072511 wrote: »
    Jaysus, you'd want to be some spoon to take a girl to PJ's on a date :D No doubt it has been done of course :)

May as well go fully romantic and just bring her to mcdonalds then an off licence!

There's a couple of good places up near Collins street cant remember the names though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

Do you want the After Hours reply to your question???

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭markymark21

Haven't been really in on the dating scene since I've been in Australia, as I have been moving about a fair bit, but have a date with a nice pretty local girl next week:) and need to find a good place to take her in Melbourne's CBD. Meeting her in the afternoon and I suggested coffee. So looking for a place that is not too classy, but at the same time, not too casual. Somewhere chilled out and relaxing, with a few couches. It doesnt have to be a cafe, a nice quiet pub could be good also.

I walked down the cafe strips near flinders lane today and wasn't really feeling any of them. A bit too casual for a date. Also the weather will be 40 degrees early next week:eek: so somewhere indoors with good air conditioning is a must. Would much rather CBD for convenience for both of us, rather than a place like Chapel St.

All suggestions welcome. :)

Not sure about coffee but Murmur on Walburton lane (off little Burke) is a deadly cocktail bar which does really good food as well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,029 ✭✭✭Pisco Sour

The Aussie wrote: »

Preferably not

• Registered Users Posts: 2,440 ✭✭✭The Aussie

The Aussie wrote: »

Preferably not
    Yeh your probably right, would bring a smile to your face though

Advertisement