Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Iphone 4 not responding/freezing

• 31-12-2011 11:05am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭

Not sure if this is a common problem, wasnt sure what to search

Hey Guys. Ive a problem with my iphone 4 since yesterday. Hoping someone could advise something. It was working fine til yesterday, I was listening to some music and it just sort of froze. I turned it off and when it get to the passcode screen its very unresponive. When i enter the code nothing will show on screen but after a minute the dots will show and 2-3 minutes later. the phone will open.

From there its still quite slow and the only app that will kinda work is messages but only for a minute or 2 then the phone will freeze and restart. and the above happens all over again. I cant ring anyone and if someone rings me they hear a ring tone but my phone doesnt ring. Dont want to be waiting til next week to get it fixed, it being a bank holiday weekend and all. I tried a restore but it didnt change anything

Any ideas??

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

Not sure if this is a common problem, wasnt sure what to search

Hey Guys. Ive a problem with my iphone 4 since yesterday. Hoping someone could advise something. It was working fine til yesterday, I was listening to some music and it just sort of froze. I turned it off and when it get to the passcode screen its very unresponive. When i enter the code nothing will show on screen but after a minute the dots will show and 2-3 minutes later. the phone will open.

From there its still quite slow and the only app that will kinda work is messages but only for a minute or 2 then the phone will freeze and restart. and the above happens all over again. I cant ring anyone and if someone rings me they hear a ring tone but my phone doesnt ring. Dont want to be waiting til next week to get it fixed, it being a bank holiday weekend and all. I tried a restore but it didnt change anything

Any ideas??

Cheers

Try holding the Power and Home buttons down together for 10 seconds, the appe icon will appear and it will reset. It should sort you out.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,475 ✭✭✭brick tamland

naasrd wrote: »
    Try holding the Power and Hoe buttons down together for 10 seconds, the appe icon will appear and it will reset. It should sort you out.

Ive tried that (loads of times) but no difference, when it restarts ive the same issue as before

Thanks anyway

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Manually back up to iCloud then restore phone.

Edit: Oops, saw you did a restore already. Sounds like some hardware issue, can you bring it to a shop?
    Check your warranty
    http://selfsolve.apple.com/agreementWarrantyDynamic.do

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,585 ✭✭✭✭antodeco

Is it jailbroken? What iOS version you running?

Back to normal again. Did another restore and it sorted it out. No idea why

• Advertisement

Im still having issues but Ive more information now

Basically what happens 1st is the headphones will stop working. I'll have the headphones plugged into the jack but it'll play sound through the speakers. If I try to restart the phone it'll go into a big loop where it will just keep restarting/wont unlock/touchscreen wont work. If I do mange to get into the phone during this most apps wont work. It generally sorts itself out after a few hours and the headphones will be back working buts it’s a pain in the hole. Its happened 4 times this week.

Its insured so I could drop it in and get it fixed but hoping for an easy soluion as the excess is €40. Its out of warrenty

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

Give the headphone jack a good hoover to remove any debris in there. This could explain the sound issue.

For the rebooting issue try jailbreaking it with snowbreeze? This will put a new customised firmware on it.

Advertisement