Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Smart drugs for concentration? does anyone use it?

• 31-12-2011 12:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭

I was thinking of starting. I want to know if they work and where abouts can I get them. I really try my best to study and I am repeating and not planing to get below 400 points and I know no matter how much I study I'll get distracted and that cant happen this year. No stupid speeches I just want answers thank you

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Weetbix wrote: »
    I was thinking of starting. I want to know if they work and where abouts can I get them. I really try my best to study and I am repeating and not planing to get below 400 points and I know no matter how much I study I'll get distracted and that cant happen this year. No stupid speeches I just want answers thank you
    Look it's your decision but if you think that "smart drugs" can help you get your points, or can improve your chances of getting the points you require your sadly mistaken.

Studying hard and consistently will get you your points, taking pills won't.

To answer your question, I don't know where you could or would want to get them and i'd imagine that the vast majority of people on this forum won't know either, sorry.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Weetbix

Weetbix wrote: »
    Look it's your decision but if you think that "smart drugs" can help you get your points, or can improve your chances of getting the points you require your sadly mistaken.

Studying hard and consistently will get you your points, taking pills won't.

To answer your question, I don't know where you could or would want to get them and i'd imagine that the vast majority of people on this forum won't know either, sorry.
    thanx for the input

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

Is the OP testing us with an oxymoron?

If you need these for school, what will you graduate to when you go to college?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37,214 ✭✭✭✭Dudess

Just drink coffee.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,989 ✭✭✭PictureFrame

Yes, coffee actually does really help your concentration levels I found!.

• Advertisement

Seriously OP, do you actually think you're gonna get this info on a public message board? The thread will be locked. Try not to stress it too much - that won't help your concentration. Go out for a run and get enough sleep. Try not to eat too much junk/sugar. All the above will help your concentration - not immediately but give it time. Leaving cert isn't worth resorting to desperate measures for - honest.
    Alternatively, yep, coffee was the bomb for my university finals. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,888 ✭✭✭bren2001

Best thing to do to increase concentration is cut out junk food and eat healthy, get a good nights sleep, lay back on the drink and take breaks from studying when you need to. No need for pills or any of that crap. I take pharmaton coming up to exams to give me a little bit of extra energy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,267 ✭✭✭opr

Amazing, preach to him about the use of drugs and then tell him to drink coffee :pac:

Opr

opr wrote: »
    Amazing, preach to him about the use of drugs and then tell him to drink coffee :pac:

Opr
    Where did I preach to him about the use of drugs? I just said he's highly unlikely to get that info on a public message-board so offered alternative tips and tried to reassure him there's no need to resort to drastic measures.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

Sorry OP, you're not going to get much information here and these aren't the sorts of things people would encourage.

Nothing beats a good study plan, a healthy amount of sleep, eating properly and balancing leisure and study time.

Maybe your approach to study isn't right for you? Do a search here or on Google for study tips and plans, you might find something that suits you.

Thread locked.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement