Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transferring colleges

• 05-12-2011 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 36

Can anyone give me some advice on how I can go about transferring to a different college? Im currently in 1st year arts in Mary I and I want to switch to Trinity arts in second year and continue my studies there.. PLEASE HELP!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 9315cnr

I'm in the exact same situation. 1st year Arts in Mary I want to transfer to UCC cant stand the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭phish

Try posting in a university page rather than a leaving cert page ??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,054 ✭✭✭Carsinian Thau

Transferring into a course and skipping up to the year you're currently in is not impossible. However, it is very very very difficult. Most likely you will probably not be eligible to skip their first year and will need to start in first year as a first year student again.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

Trinity don't do an Arts course

Anita Blow wrote: »
    Trinity don't do an Arts course

They do. It's the two subject moderatorship. It's a bit different in that first year (and all subsequent years) only have two subjects but it is an Arts course by the end.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭Anita Blow

They do. It's the two subject moderatorship. It's a bit different in that first year (and all subsequent years) only have two subjects but it is an Arts course by the end.
    OP is doing an open Arts course. TSM is pretty different and not something he/she can transfer into and continue on with their studies as they wish.

Anita Blow wrote: »
    OP is doing an open Arts course. TSM is pretty different and not something he/she can transfer into and continue on with their studies as they wish.

They can't do that with other open arts courses either.

I recognise the distinction but it seems to matter only in pedantry.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,909 ✭✭✭Neeson

Wouldn't the number of CAO points come into play here? Have you enough?

With some of the TSM subjects, even though you may be within the points range, you might not be accepted into the course.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,109 ✭✭✭QueenOfLeon

A transfer to the same course in a different college is possible but you'll have to go to your admissions office and see if you can talk to someone about it. You'll need to have had the points for the other college, and as far as I know, if you were carrying on into the next year, you'd have to have passed all your exams first time where you are.

Its all really at the discretion of the college though, only they will be able to tell you if its possible or not.

A transfer to the same course in a different college is possible but you'll have to go to your admissions office and see if you can talk to someone about it. You'll need to have had the points for the other college, and as far as I know, if you were carrying on into the next year, you'd have to have passed all your exams first time where you are.

Its all really at the discretion of the college though, only they will be able to tell you if its possible or not.

True. In addition to this, the modules that you've passed need to match up very very closely with the modules that the other students have passed.

So it's not impossible, but really rather complicated.

• Advertisement
Advertisement