Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lock Your Car!

• 31-12-2011 1:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭

I parked on O'Brien Street today (its between mayors walk and steven street) and as I was sitting in my car on the phone in cound see a young Roma girls about 15-16 in the mirror walking along the street checking to see if any cars were open she went up and down both sides of the street she was pretending to fix her hair.
    It was just a quick visual check to see if any cars had those litte lock things but the windows up or down.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

jayboi wrote: »
    It was just a quick visual check to see if any cars had those litte lock things but the windows up or down.

?

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

You mean they were checking for door pins indicating the car door was open?

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭jayboi

juan.kerr wrote: »
    ?
    biko wrote: »
    You mean they were checking for door pins indicating the car door was open?
    Correct and probably to see anything was on the seat

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,827 ✭✭✭ex_infantry man

****in pure scum! How on earth did we leave them into our country at all?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭S28382

****in pure scum! How on earth did we leave them into our country at all?

i somehow dont think they are the only people in this city robbing stuff from cars so i dont know what that has got to do with why they got into this country, now when they are getting state welfare and lots of it for no reason and the fact that they make more money begging on the street than most of us do working well thats when we should deport them all but hey us irish love looking after our european cousins

• Registered Users Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭gscully

Wind down your window and offer them some sweets. I find that makes young girls run a mile.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

Anyone notice the other Romanian lads cleaning windows at traffic lights?

I love when they go to clean mine and I just turn on my wipers. Your alright boy I got it don't worry.

Then they scamper when a paddy wagon drives along :D

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,766 ✭✭✭juan.kerr

dazftw wrote: »

I love when they go to clean mine and I just turn on my wipers. Your alright boy I got it don't worry.

Probably not paying tax on their 'earnings'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,542 ✭✭✭dayshah

Did they show their passports or do you just not know the difference between roma and romanian?

• Registered Users Posts: 479 ✭✭membersonly

Who doesn't lock their car in fairness?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,728 ✭✭✭dazftw

dayshah wrote: »
    Did they show their passports or do you just not know the difference between roma and romanian?

I didn't even know there was a difference.

So basically Roma's are gypsies? Romanians are just like "normal" people.

Network with your people: https://www.builtinireland.ie/

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,081 ✭✭✭wellboytoo

There are twenty two million people in Romania, two million of them are Roma,

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭leduke

so what is different about their passports?

wellboytoo wrote: »

There are twenty two million people in Romania, two million of them are Roma,
    The situation in Romania is very similar to Ireland and travellers. Except travellers are only from ireland. There are roma from lots of countries, especially spain and the balkans.

leduke wrote: »
    so what is different about their passports?
    Across europe, only a small fraction are romanian citizens. The the rest are from other countries. Originally the roma came from india.

The word Romania comes from the Romans. The romanians have a latin language like italian or portuguese.

Its only a coincidencethat roma rhymes with romanian.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Mod Note

No posts suggesting violence please.

Topic Cleaned

how is shaving there mono brows violence in fairness???

• Registered Users Posts: 2,270 ✭✭✭Chiparus

Why not suggest forced hair dye for Irish redheads?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

how is shaving there mono brows violence in fairness???

For an easier life, iv removed anything remotely considered violence!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

Hitler also had no time for these lads, lots persecuted during the holocost... some people say they where the 2nd highest amount killed during the holocost

• Registered Users Posts: 3,196 ✭✭✭CardBordWindow

So......if it wasn't for Hitler, there'd be more car robberies?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭calvin_zola

yup, there'd be more Jews aswell

jez this went way off topic!!!surprised sully has,nt seen this yet, he must have got himself a lady friend lol

I'm like Santa. Always watching. Right now, your getting a bag of coal for Christmas. ;) Ya do realise most of the moderation done on this forum is based on other people reporting them, and the mods just responding? :p

ah i see and when will i recieve said coal coz am running low at the min lol, ye mods have it handy i tells ya lol

Next Christmas of course! Lol