Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Art History - Gallery question?

• 31-12-2011 2:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭

I'm just wondering for the gallery question, how many artists/paintings should I know to be 'safe'? I'm doing the national gallery of Ireland, so if anyone has chosen their artists from the same gallery let me know!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,813 ✭✭✭Togepi

SeanMadd wrote: »
    I'm just wondering for the gallery question, how many artists/paintings should I know to be 'safe'? I'm doing the national gallery of Ireland, so if anyone has chosen their artists from the same gallery let me know!

Three paintings is enough I think. The number of artists doesn't matter. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭galwaymusic

you just need one artist...two or three paintings is fine..i have two :):)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

So they never ask to mention 2 painters? That's good so, less for me to learn ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 268 ✭✭SeanMadd

While we're on the topic, does anyone have any idea whatsoever what will come up? :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 17 Beckyy

And can anyone tell me what the layout for the gallery question would be? Like what do you have to discuss? My teacher hasn't done it with us :-P

• Advertisement

Well the question comes up in almost ALWAYS the same way!!! Which is great!! :):D generally it asks you a gallery event thingy u went to ...and to describe (this includes a drawing of them) of two of their works. (I think it's two :) ) and to explain and describe the works...and a bit about the artist. And then there's a second part to the question. One of them I remember was something like...imagine you were holding an exhibition in your school. Describe the changes/ steps you would take in preparation for the exhibition.

The gallery question is a GREAT question guys!!

SeanMadd wrote: »
    So they never ask to mention 2 painters? That's good so, less for me to learn ;)

I'm almost certain that they ask to describe works of one artist. I really dont think you're asked 2 !! So that's good lol XD

Advertisement