Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kindle - amazon.com or amazon.co.uk

Options
  • 31-12-2011 4:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

Help ....

I feel like I am losing my mind with my new Kindle 3G.

I bought it in Tesco and registered to amazon.co.uk (using my sister-in-law's address) and brought a book (using my Irish credit card) all over 3G.

However now if I go to the store on my Kindle it is the UK website but I can't buy anything as the Kindle knows that I am not in the UK (is this because of the 3G being turned on?).

If i go to my laptop and try to buy an ebook and select transfer via computer to my Kindle, it asks me what Kindle will I be transferring to and then tells me I can't buy the book.

How come I was able to buy the first book no bothers?

I turned off 3G and restarted my Kindle and still I can't buy via amazon.co.uk with the option of transferring to my Kindle via my computer.

Do I need to go to amazon.co.uk using a proxy address so that the website thinks I am in the UK?

Am getting really frustrated as I have read loads of posts about this and the soltuion seems to be to change your country setting to the UK and off you go ....however I have tried this and failed.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭mw3guc

I don't know if this will work for you, but I have 2 addresses linked to my Amazon UK account - one in the north and one in the south - and I have no trouble buying Kindle books from Amazon UK with an Irish credit card and a southern IP. Maybe if you add your sister-in-law's address to your ordinary Amazon account as well as to your Kindle account it might work? I always buy via my PC, in case that makes a difference.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭crazygeryy

mw3guc wrote: »
    I don't know if this will work for you, but I have 2 addresses linked to my Amazon UK account - one in the north and one in the south - and I have no trouble buying Kindle books from Amazon UK with an Irish credit card and a southern IP. Maybe if you add your sister-in-law's address to your ordinary Amazon account as well as to your Kindle account it might work? I always buy via my PC, in case that makes a difference.

cheers for that thats a great solution.
    when you buy via your pc the file just downloads and then you drag and drop it onto your kindle?

Advertisement