Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My job as a Social Worker

Options
  • 31-12-2011 4:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

I would be interested in this if anyone had the the time :)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 fullcareorder

Just saw this now.

Is there something in particular you are interested in and I will answer what I can?

I have started a blog about my job, have a read of that too..new here...is it against rules to pimp my blog....??

wither way

www.fullcareorder.wordpress.com

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

I'll throw my tuppence in to late this week, but I work very therapeutically so it would be good to have insight from local authority and or child protection worker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,325 ✭✭✭ItsAWindUp

Could anybody who is a social worker drop me a PM please?:)

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Might be worth checking out BBC 2 documentary Monday nights at 9 -protecting our children - fly on the wall documentary following SWs in Bristol for 2 years. First episode last night - very good! 2 more episodes to come.

• Registered Users Posts: 198 ✭✭Donadea Leo

Here's a quick interactive taste of a day in the life of a Social Worker. I had a quick glance at it seems good no time to look at it properely.

http://www.open.edu/openlearn/body-mind/social-care/social-work/day-the-life

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Roberta88

Hi

I'm currently finishing my BA Honours in social care in ITT Dublin, and I was just wondering if anyone would know of any facilities in which to gain experience with practicing social workers and if it is possible within any local organisations within Dublin?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 5,095 ✭✭✭LadyMayBelle

Roberta88 wrote: »
    Hi

I'm currently finishing my BA Honours in social care in ITT Dublin, and I was just wondering if anyone would know of any facilities in which to gain experience with practicing social workers and if it is possible within any local organisations within Dublin?

Thanks

Youve just got to ask; write a letter chased up by a telephone call, to differebt named SW in organisations, asking can you shadow, or meet for a chat. Lokk for charities, local authorities, hospitals, councils, disability, homeless, drug organistions etc

• Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭Roberta88

Thanks[/QUOTE]

Youve just got to ask; write a letter chased up by a telephone call, to differebt named SW in organisations, asking can you shadow, or meet for a chat. Lokk for charities, local authorities, hospitals, councils, disability, homeless, drug organistions etc[/Quote]

Aw I've tried them and they won't take me on cause I've just finished my degree and I can't do it during the day cause I work full time but was going to do it for like a week during my holidays and there like no.

So now I'm worried when I go for my masters they won't take me seriously cause when I asked for feedback at the interview they said I needed more experience with a practicing social worker!!aww help! Don't know what to do now

• Closed Accounts Posts: 290 ✭✭Atomicjuicer

Just saw this now.

Is there something in particular you are interested in and I will answer what I can?

I have started a blog about my job, have a read of that too..new here...is it against rules to pimp my blog....??

wither way

www.fullcareorder.wordpress.com

Thanks - if only newspapers SCREECHED about neglect the way they do about other forms of abuse. I long suspected this to be the case.

Advertisement