Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is Perth Classed As Regional Work Now

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭greenprincess

I'm in Melbourne but looking to do my regional, will be heading on my own doing it. Looking on the harvest trail section of the immigration website mainly and it seems helpful enough.

I found gumtree really helpful to. The trick is to check is constantly! So that when an add is posted you are the first to apply. Whilst farmers do want good workers they also want people that can get there fast. One of the farm jobs I got happened very fast! He posted the ad at 22.30 I called him at 22.35 and I was on the train to him the next day at 08.00 most will give you a few days but its best if you can be there straight away, I found anyway!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I found gumtree really helpful to. The trick is to check is constantly! So that when an add is posted you are the first to apply. Whilst farmers do want good workers they also want people that can get there fast. One of the farm jobs I got happened very fast! He posted the ad at 22.30 I called him at 22.35 and I was on the train to him the next day at 08.00 most will give you a few days but its best if you can be there straight away, I found anyway!

I haven't tried it yet but it did get me work when I was on J1. I won't be looking seriously for a week or two more because I have to hand in and serve notice with the lab I work for but that sounds promising.

Advertisement