Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

nokia 5800 XpressMusic V60.0.003 firmware

Options
  • 31-12-2011 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭

has anyone who still has this phone received the V60.0.003 firmware updated yet
    seem to be out with while now and phone still not receiving the update.

phone is on the vodafone network

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

What product code have you?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭jos22

should be

jos22 wrote: »
    should be

Latest available software for your device: 
    Version::  52.0.007

Davy wrote: »
    Latest available software for your device:
    Version:: 52.0.007
    that was from last updated over 1 year ago.
    people out side of Ireland seem to have to received V60.0.003 back in October.
    did you hear of anyone in Ireland receiving it yet

• Registered Users Posts: 1,731 ✭✭✭GreenWolfe

The 5800 is getting on a bit, so I'll assume it's well out of warranty. You might be better off just backing up everything and changing your product code to a generic one, if you're comfortable doing that. Afaik, changing product code then updating will not trigger User Data Preservation - so backup and restore using Nokia Suite.

For what it's worth, Vodafone never approved the last few software updates for my Nokia N73, and I had to do that to get updated firmware.

• Advertisement

that was from last updated over 1 year ago.
    people out side of Ireland seem to have to received V60.0.003 back in October.
    did you hear of anyone in Ireland receiving it yet

Sorry forgot about you,

You can change the product code to get the update, or ask VF if they are going to approve the update. Their is plenty info here on changing the product code if you do a search, just post if you need help.

changing the product code had no effect. tried a few codes that reported to be working and phone still says it up to date on firmware v50

The code in this post will give v60 if changed correctly

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=62409575&postcount=1865

Be careful as people have bricked their phones in the past

code changed to 0558982 Euro1 RED
    and says no update available

code changed to 0558982 Euro1 RED
    and says no update available

Did you reconnect phone and read the code to confirm it was written correctly?

That code has v60 available for it

• Advertisement

yes after rescanning it says product code is 0558982

yes after rescanning it says product code is 0558982

Probably best to take it to Nokia care and let them flash it for you so

Usually you have to wait 24 hours between each update check. If checks are in the 24 hour time period it just pulls the result from its cache and you have to wait the 24 hours to get a new check from their update service.

Once 24 hours are up, be sure to check on the phone itself, Nokia Suite and Nokia Software Updater - mine got an update and turned to Spanish for some reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭CountingCrows

Having the same issue (stuck with v52 on code 0558982). Anyone got a product code which enabled the v60 download?

Having the same issue (stuck with v52 on code 0558982). Anyone got a product code which enabled the v60 download?

That product code is showing as v60.0.003 here. That's the only Nokia product code checker site I know of that's still up by the way.

Don't forget to check for an update in both OTA and Nokia Suite.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,635 ✭✭✭xsiborg

That product code is showing as v60.0.003 here. That's the only Nokia product code checker site I know of that's still up by the way.

Don't forget to check for an update in both OTA and Nokia Suite.

could you not just forget about nokia suite and download navifirm instead, then search for a generic v.60 firmware, download it from the server, and then flash it to the phone using JAF?

might be no harm either before you upgrade to v.60, to have a look at googling 'nokia 5800 cfw', custom firmware for your nokia, plenty out there for the 5800, bear in mind though that once you upgrade the firmware to v.60, you wont be able to downgrade to v.50 if you're not happy with the cfw, each of them give the firmware version they're based on.

right now im posting this from my nokia X6 (similar phone to the 5800) im running 'symbian anna version 7.5' based on v.40 firmware (latest firmware for my device), and i have to say, it knocks the socks off the generic v.40 firmware from nokia! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 Spanner16

Just to let you know that software V60.0.003 is for the SEAP South East Asia,Pacific) region only, The latest generic software available for Europe is V52.0.007.
    Upgrading to V60 would only give you improvements specific to the SEAP region.:)

Advertisement