Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

happy new year

• 31-12-2011 5:18pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭

wishing everyone a peaceful and profitable new year!:D those going out to celebrate have a great night:)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,438 ✭✭✭5live

Have a happy, healthy and prosperous new year to all.

Thanks to all that helped during the year and a special thanks to the MODS fort keeping the show on track for little thanks at times but much appreciation always.

May our biggers problems be where to put the money this year:)

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 12,705 Mod ✭✭✭✭blue5000

thanx whelan, 5live, mods, LC, legwax and everybody else who makes it worthwhile to have a look in every day. Best of luck everyone in 2012.

If the seat's wet, sit on yer hat, a cool head is better than a wet ar5e.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭epfff

Tnx to mods and all contributers from2011
    May the fun stay here for 2012
    If I said this night last year beef would 420 today how many would laugh
    Who wants to me me a laugh for next year

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

so everyone , whats your aim for 2012?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,329 ✭✭✭redzerologhlen

whelan1 wrote: »

I am going to try and take over the world by investing in bank shares and property.....wish me well:D:D

• Advertisement

Hopefully I'll buy a cattle weighing scales:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

i aim to have a few more "healthy cows" , get rid of a few sucklers:o actually fill myquota next year and still be here on this date next year!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭1chippy

cheers all and a happy new year, aiming for better stock earlier calved and halof the hardship of last year. beef at 420 will aim for 5

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,564 ✭✭✭stanflt

supply 7800 litres per cow @4%fat and 3.6%protein
    reduce calving interval to below 400days
    grow 15ton dm grass per hectare
    have all replacements calving before 26months
    to have at least 75% of herd classified vg or ex
    and many many many more

happy new year everybody

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,279 ✭✭✭snowman707

A healthy, happy peaceful and prosperous 2012 to one and all

about 2 years ago I got a fair bit of a backlash on this forum ,

everybody was complaining about bad prices, bad weather, the government, the banks, bla bla

I advised people to put it behind them and get on with your lives

Personally I have no aims for 2012, only hopefully to be alive and active this time next year, 2 of the family are approaching a crossroads re finishing education and future careers and I would hope to help them get set up

• Advertisement
  • Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭pajero12

Hopefully everyone close to us will still be around next year, Anything extra is a bonus! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

Best wishes and a happy new year to everyone!
    As for next year, something different, a change is as good as a rest, as they say....;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭Bizzum

I'm gonna TRY and be a better person:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Happy New Year to everyone. I hope its prosperous and happy.

A for sale sign went up on a neighbouring piece of land (25 acres) yesterday. Talked seriously with the Mrs last night about buying it. Need to talk to my bank manager next week. I think it would be better to put money into land than into a pension??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,087 ✭✭✭vanderbadger

reilig wrote: »

A for sale sign went up on a neighbouring piece of land (25 acres) yesterday. Talked seriously with the Mrs last night about buying it. Need to talk to my bank manager next week. I think it would be better to put money into land than into a pension??

ya probably agree with that, not easy get land near you either which makes it even better, whats the story with getting money for buying land now, what percentage have you to put up? also am i right in saying that it will be a farm loan as opposed to mortgage since its land and not a house so higher rates apply?

reilig wrote: »

Good luck with that reilig, AFAIK max time aib will lend for is 15 yrs. Is it far away or already joining you?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,701 ✭✭✭dar31

blue5000 wrote: »
    Good luck with that reilig, AFAIK max time aib will lend for is 15 yrs. Is it far away or already joining you?

aib and boi the only ones lending.
    15 yr max, 70%ltv 3 yrs acc, detailed cash flow and 5 yr plan.
    good look with it reilig, hope it come your way.

happy new year to one and all

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

blue5000 wrote: »

Its joining me. I deal with BOI so I'll probably go to them first. Would be considering a loan over 8 or 10 years if I can get it. We'll just have to wait and see. Know of other land nearby which will be up for sale in the coming months too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 858 ✭✭✭tismesoitis

happy new year everyone. best of luck with that reilig!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,551 ✭✭✭keep going

dar31 wrote: »
    aib and boi the only ones lending.
    15 yr max, 70%ltv 3 yrs acc, detailed cash flow and 5 yr plan.
    good look with it reilig, hope it come your way.

happy new year to one and all

as far as im aware ulster bank are interested too.my wish for 2012 is that your only problems are money problems,theres alot worse that can happen

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 790 ✭✭✭richie123

definitly land ..there not making any more of it,tho depends on price after that!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,007 ✭✭✭Grecco

and don`t forget coastal erosion too Richie, :eek: oh it`ll be all gone soon

Advertisement