Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Songs looking for artists/bands

• 31-12-2011 6:20pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

Hi,

I have a few Acoustic, Country-Pop, Adult Contemporary type songs/ballads that are looking for artists or bands.
    If you looking for these type of songs/ballads and would like to have a listen please go to:

http://www.soundclick.com/7/bands/davetryner_music.htm

Thanks,
    David

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 658 ✭✭✭The Jammy dodger

Nice work David. I've only listened to ''All Alone'' so far as I'm busy busy. But it reminds me of some beatles but also folky and sort of like Dylan in musicianship and melody line or Neil Young.

I would venture to say that some of the lyrics feel ever so slightly cliche but that opinion is just a subjective one. As regards structure of the song ( again all my thoughts could change when the arrangment is finally put to it ), It seems like a nice bridge/middle 8 section might seem like a nice fit here. Because when listening to a song ( and I'm sure you already know this ) the listener needs to be engaged all the way through so it must sound like it's evolving all the time in the arrangement. Yours doesnt have an arrangement other than acoustic so I could be wrong there but I find myself less engaged as the song progresses and if I have the feeling that the sounds too long when it shouldnt be then it probably needs that middle 8.. So it wouldnt do any harm to try and implement some sort of section that takes us away from the already established Chords and structure of the song.

I hope this helps and that I dont seem like I'm nominating myself as the best songwriter out there as this is all advice I received in the past too. Your music kind of reminds me of my own music as well. Check it out - www.taxi.com/stephenmcelligott

Feel free to PM me anytime.

Jammy:)

Happy New Year to you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 d.atryner

Hi Jammy,

Sorry for not getting back sooner.
    Thanks for your comments, it's much appreciated.
    I have just recently finished writing this song and I am still working on some kind of arrangement to improve it.
    Your comments are taken on board.

All the Best,
    David

Advertisement