Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best Rod?

Options
  • 31-12-2011 6:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Going to pick up fishing as soon as the season starts but I'm wondering, for the right price (100-) What the best rod/type of rod there is for fishing, that catches the most fish? Thanks all!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 209 ✭✭effluent

Keep an eye out for a Penn Millenium rod. I can't remember how much I paid for it because I got it 8 years ago but I think it was in the region of 100 quid. It's really handy because it can cover salmon/trout and sea shore spinning. If I was to get another rod I'd get the same again.

To increase your chances of catching I'd say to try and tag along with experienced anglers or join a local fishing club.

• Registered Users Posts: 67 ✭✭cdublin

And match it to a fixed spool reel in the 5000 size with 15lb line, should cover most situations.

• Registered Users Posts: 631 ✭✭✭madred006

Its not the rod that catches the fish:)

Advertisement