Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UPS recommendations

Options
  • 31-12-2011 6:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,757 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I'm looking into getting a uninterruptible power supply as I have been having issues lately between the odd power cuts and people pulling plugs without checking what its powering first. I have been lucky so far that I haven't been working on anything important at the time but I feel I'm tempting faith :D I wondering do any of have any experience of them? can you recommend one?
    I was looking at this http://www.misco.ie/product/163302/APC-Power-Saving-Back-UPS-ES-700VA-UPS and it looks ideal with the surge protection as well which is another issue I must address. The only thing is my machine has a 800watt power supply so would that have an influence on the type of UPS? at the end of the day all I'm looking for is something to give enough time to save and shut-down.

Any help appreciated.

Advertisement