Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Should i be worried???

Options
  • 31-12-2011 6:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

I applied for my licence three weeks or so and havent heard a word yet. Had a call out to inspect the safe and letter the following day to say they have my application and could take up to 3 months.The only reason im asking this is because a few people from the area im in got the licence back after a week. Maybe im being a bit impatient.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭DJandDeid

a.j.m1981 wrote: »
    Maybe im being a bit impatient.

You are! Prob just waiting on the Super's signature.....it is Christmas ya know and things will be a little slower. Could take the three months even. My rifle 'renewal' took 6 months, the first shotty 3 months and my last yoke two weeks and that was 'cause the Super was away for the week in the middle.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,117 ✭✭✭tommyboy26

I have had licence back in a week and some back in 6 weeks all from the same station you just never know

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,559 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cass

When you tick the "Secure accomodation" box on your application they can, and will call out to check. Until the CPO signs off on your appilcation to say he has inspected, and is happy with the secure accomodation your applcaition will not be processed.

They do not always do this, but can. He has obviously signed off on the application, and if you have gotten the receipt letter then the details must have been entered into the PULSE system meaning the Super has also signed off on it. Which means you could have a license in the next week to forthnight.
    Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭james4510

by the sounds of it this is your first application (judging by the fact that you have just got the gun safe installed) and they will go through all the motions and back ground checks etc to ensure you are ok to own carry and use a firearm.
    my 1st licence took 6 weeks to go through but it helps when my local super is an avid shooter himself but my lat 2 only took 2 weeks.

be patient my friend it will happen eventially and you will hopefully have many years of shooting fun lol

• Registered Users Posts: 14,986 ✭✭✭✭Witcher

First reply had it right..it's Christmas:) I wouldn't be worried about it, it's the luck of the draw with response times really. I got mine in 7 working days as a first licence, no safe check/reference checks. You never know, the super might come in Monday, see a few licences sitting on his desk and motor through them all and you could have the licence granted next week:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭Farmlife

I only got mine last week after 3 months and 2 weeks of waiting, attached the receipt of the safe, but they never came out to check it, the only thing that delayed things was an outstanding fine for driving in the bus lane.

I don't think any two peoples applications are the same even if they lived next door and put them in on the same day. For me when you think about it too much it takes ages, blank it from your mind and it will come in no time :D

Advertisement