Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Just built this how capable is it?

Options
  • 31-12-2011 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,105 ✭✭✭

Case Antec VSK 1000
    Motherboard ASUS P8H67-M LE
    Processor i5 2500k 3300.0MHz
    Memory 4G Kingston ddr3 pc3 10600
    Power supply Antec VP550P 550w
    Graphics Asus EAH4870 X2 / 1024MB GDDR5 SDRAM x2
    Hard Drive Hitachi 500gb 7200rpm sata

Mostly second hand parts.

I am getting much better performance on pics etc than my old Dell P4 machine but I havent tried gaming on this. Could it run todays games fully?
    Thanks for looking.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

Mech1 wrote: »
    Case Antec VSK 1000
    Graphics Asus EAH4870 X2 1024MB GDDR5 SDRAM

I am getting much better performance on pics etc than my old Dell P4 machine but I havent tried gaming on this. Could it run todays games fully?
    Thanks for looking.
    Thats mad! Every part except the graphics card is what I'm building my PC on :P Even the Hard Drive, Anyway I'd say it would be able to run most modern games on medium settings, but I'm not too sure, your better off hearing it off someone else on this who knows more then me :P

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Jonny7

Yup, its good, the processor is currently price/performance king and whilst the graphics card has aged (and is probably loud and quite power thirsty) it's still a strong card capable of running most if not all games at close to highest settings.

Get steam, and grab some very reduced games titles (the sale ends soon) and test it out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Mech1 wrote: »
    Case Antec VSK 1000
    Graphics Asus EAH4870 X2 / 1024MB GDDR5 SDRAM x2

Thanks for looking.

It will run today's games well but not at full (good mix of med-high though). The weak point is the gfx card which will be good or not great depending on crossfire support for the game you are playing.

4 gig of memory is fine for gaming, most games only use up 2 gig.

You could consider a new gfx card at some stage but you should be able to game grand on a 4870X2 for the moment.

I would never replace the gfx card until you find a game you are unhappy with the level of settings you can run at.

• Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭LPHeadstrong

Good specs!
    Most games should run fine but the 4XXX series doesn't support DX11 but on DX10 setting most games should run high-max! Especially with a dual setup, but again not on DX11!

Advertisement