Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accident on the North Ring Road

Options
  • 31-12-2011 7:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭

My husband was walking the dog back today, and the Ballyhooley Road coming up from town was completely blocked with traffic. The Gards were there as was the Fire Brigade and at least two ambulances. Apparently, there was a very bad crash on the North Ring going towards Mayfield.

I just hope everyone's OK. What an awful thing to happen, and on the last day of the year too...:(

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

I seen that but I heard no details. It took me an hour to get through.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

RTC followed by a house fire nearby. Incidents not related but it extended the cordon that the police had to work with and with confusing information with appliances being taken off each shout as priority incident switched.

Which is why some of you reported Ambulances and Fire Appliances shooting up and down the road.

House searched and found to be empty. I have no word on the RTC.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,025 ✭✭✭✭-Corkie-

gbee wrote: »
    RTC followed by a house fire nearby. Incidents not related but it extended the cordon that the police had to work with and with confusing information with appliances being taken off each shout as priority incident switched.

Which is why some of you reported Ambulances and Fire Appliances shooting up and down the road.

House searched and found to be empty. I have no word on the RTC.

Whats RTC. A recovery truck was at the scence to recover a car, I could see it clearly.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

Road traffic crash or collision I'd presume.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,388 ✭✭✭gbee

-Corkie- wrote: »
    Whats RTC. A recovery truck was at the scence to recover a car, I could see it clearly.

RTC replaces RTA Road Traffic Collision instead of Road Traffic Accident.

• Advertisement
Advertisement