Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraps problem

Options
  • 31-12-2011 8:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭

So I'm having a problem recording an indy game with fraps.

I run the game in full screen and record like 20 seconds. Then I check the resulting video but the game play is only in the top left hand corner while the rest of the screen is black. I tried recording in both full screen and half screen and have tried all the video options in the game with similar results.

Picture of what the video looks like:
    4goml1.jpg

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

What game is it?

What resolution is the game running at?

Is it running windowed or fullscreen?

What's your desktop resolution?

What graphics engine is the game running in? (DirectX 9/10/11, OpenGL etc.)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Jaafa

TheChrisD wrote: »
    What game is it?

What resolution is the game running at?

Is it running windowed or fullscreen?

What's your desktop resolution?

What graphics engine is the game running in? (DirectX 9/10/11, OpenGL etc.)

Well from the Image you can see it's Stealth Bastard. :P

Also I already said it's fullscreen above.

1366x768 it's on a laptop.

DX8 actually. My card is only Intel GMA HD. But I've recorded the likes of AOE3 no problem.

Thanks for the reply.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,567 ✭✭✭TheChrisD

A Google search brought this up: http://www.stealthbastard.com/forum/index.php?topic=44.0

Seems that whatever rendering method the game is using is confusing FRAPS, the Steam overlay, and probably other things into thinking it's running at your full resolution.

Even though it'll probably have the same result, can you try DXtory to see what it does?

TheChrisD wrote: »
    A Google search brought this up: http://www.stealthbastard.com/forum/index.php?topic=44.0

Seems that whatever rendering method the game is using is confusing FRAPS, the Steam overlay, and probably other things into thinking it's running at your full resolution.

Even though it'll probably have the same result, can you try DXtory to see what it does?

I see. Ill give DXtory a shot, never used it before.

Tried it. No dice. Ah well I tried recording a different game.

The recording went fine, the video was grand, then I used Xvid mini converter to compress the video before I upload it (as it was like 3GB got it down to 400MB). The sound in the compressed vid cuts out half way through. Any idea why this is, or do you know of an alternative? Thanks.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,959 ✭✭✭gugleguy

I bought fraps online around 2007. Fraps99. Mind you I did not really use it a lot, a bit in FS 2004 and that's it.
    What version of fraps do you have?
    I don't know offhand what version I have - I'm in the office

Sorry I got it sorted after, thanks for the replies anyway.

Advertisement