Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Intel HD Graphics - HDMI Monitor not detected/working.

Options
  • 31-12-2011 8:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I recently purchased a new monitor to use as my laptop screen. The display works through the HDMI port when the Intel HD Graphics are uninstalled, but only at 800x600, 1024x768 and 1280x720.

However when the Intel HD Graphics drivers for my i5-430M (Running on Windows 7) are installed the monitor cuts off after the 'Windows is Starting screen' and only the internal laptop monitor is detected.

The Intel Graphics and Media Control Panel only gives options for Single Display and under Monitor/TV Settings it says Monitor/TV Settings are not supported. Any idea on how I can get both the eternal display and Intel HD Graphics working?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 32 ThomasMcd1994

If the laptop has W7 Installed try this and see what happens.

Right click anywhere on the desktop screen and click "Screen Resolution"

Click on "Detect" It should detect the second screen, In your case the HD Monitor.

If you want the display on both click on multiple displays and Extend Desktop.

Or if you want it only on monitor, Hit "Show Desktop Only on 2"

That should be it. Hopefully that works out for you :)

Advertisement