Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

FPS Problems

Options
  • 31-12-2011 10:06pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭

heys guys, got a little problem with my upgraded m4. did the upgrades recently and it brought up the fps a fair bit. she was shootin about 260-270, after upgrades it went to 320-325. now that the upgardes have settled in shes shooting a little hot so i need to lower the FPS. i don't want to be the prick with the hot gun you know.

obviously my first thought is just chsnging out the spring for a weaker one, but i thought maybe short stroking would work. i know it will only give a small increase in ROF but hopefully a large drop in FPS.

i understand that with tooth you grind off takes abouts 10-15 FPS and adds 1-2 BBs p/s. i know how to short stroke and just need make sure that my info is right and if anyone has any tips or suggestions for me i would greatly appreciate it.

War isn't a game,
    AIRSOFT IS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 120 ✭✭johnny test

• Closed Accounts Posts: 81 ✭✭JFAirsofter

i'm already subscribed to prodogy
    i have an m16 length barrel and a full cylinder
    i wonder how it would effect that

• Registered Users Posts: 1,364 ✭✭✭Darth Phoenix

If i read it correctly you have a 510mm barrell in your m4 then short stroking would'nt be an option.
    For an aeg to perform with that barrell length you'll need the full volume of that cylinder to perform effectively.

If you dont want to get a spring for it you can trim down the spring by a loop and that will bring it down.

Personally i would urge ya to replace spring as its a more safer and overall in the long run less hassale.

Thats just my opinion though, hope that helps. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

+1 on Darths evaluation- You need to either cut a coil from your srpring or replace it altogether. It is preferable to have your piston at full stroke/extension for a full length M16 AEG to sustain the cylinder /inner barrel compressed air volume balance to get the most consistent flight/range from your bb.(This rules out short stroking) Incidentally YES you will drop 10-15fps per toooth removed but you WILL NOT GAIN 1-2 bb's @sec- Rof increase with short stroking is minimal.
    As a matter of interest what brand and strength spring have you fitted to your aeg?Some springs take to snipping better than others:)

thanks guys i'll look into the spring so

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Steo_123

Dude if it's a new spring it just needs to settle in.
    Shoot a couple of hundred rounds out of it and it should go down.

quite the opposite
    the spring is still stock, i upgraded the barrel to 509mm and a full cylinder
    2 weeks ago it was chronoing at 325ish and then on friday it chronod at 345 so i need to drop the fps by at least 20 cos i don't wanna be the prick with a hot gun

• Registered Users Posts: 1,147 ✭✭✭THE MINDER

Steo_123 wrote: »
    Dude if it's a new spring it just needs to settle in.
    Shoot a couple of hundred rounds out of it and it should go down.

That is a fairytale that does the the rounds dude-if it were the case everyone would buy there stock gun firing at just under a JOULE- go out and fire a couple of hundred shots( THATS LESS THAN A MAG DUDE LOL...) and have to be bringing it back the next day to be upgraded again :D:D:D Heres one for you put a new spring in an M4 a while back dude-shootin at 326fps-went out and knocked 25,000 rounds through it in a half day(YOU READ CORRECTLY - TWENTY FIVE THOUSAND ROUNDS) and it still came home doing 326fps- have put another 40k rounds through it since and the fps is still pretty much unchanged-AND THATS NOT A FAIRYTALE BTW:):):)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,152 ✭✭✭Inari

The Minder is correct, however there is some logic behind the myth. When a spring is left uncompressed for long periods of time, it is slightly stronger (due to its more rigid state) for a period of time - this wears off after a couple of hundred rounds, after the spring effectively 'warms up'.

@JFAirsofter: You need to open the gearbox and replace the spring, or cut a couple of coils off of it.

thanks guys
    finally got in touch with a techie friend and he said M90 should do it

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Johnny.G

what fps do you require

• Registered Users Posts: 3,901 ✭✭✭T4RGET

the thread is from last year mate, also he found the answer :)

Advertisement