Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Comptia A+

Options
  • 31-12-2011 10:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭

hey where is the best place to do this course with ???

online is what im after as i have a full time job and can't do evenings either so it has to be at my own pace from home ????

Comments

you can do them at fas e collage its 120 euro not including exam fees

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

you can do them at fas e collage its 120 euro not including exam fees

is fas certification recognised tho ????

i want the best posible recognised course

Yes it is you can check it out at there website

Yes it is you can check it out at there website

ok thanks alot mate

• Registered Users Posts: 68,703 ✭✭✭✭L1011

The cert you get via FAS is 100% identical to one you get privately.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

is fas certification recognised tho ????

i want the best posible recognised course
    The cost of the exam is not included in the course as the exam takes place in CompTIA certified test centre that FAS doesn't own. Also, I'd advise you reading a book bout it before doing the course unless you know about computers beforehand. Ensure the book is no more than a year old, as the syllabus got updated recently.

the_syco wrote: »
    The cost of the exam is not included in the course as the exam takes place in CompTIA certified test centre that FAS doesn't own. Also, I'd advise you reading a book bout it before doing the course unless you know about computers beforehand. Ensure the book is no more than a year old, as the syllabus got updated recently.

id say im pretty decent at computers , not IT decent but i know my arrse from my elbow

but fas doesnt have any online tutor as that has ceased since last month , so what do you do if you dont understand something ???

where as other online programs are more expensive like www.cmit.ie but you have an online tutor

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

where as other online programs are more expensive like www.cmit.ie but you have an online tutor
    I think that site has died :D Anyhoos, get a book, read it, and if you have any questions, google it, or ask in the "Computers & Technology" section.

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭Virtual

The FAS e-college for this cert is ok if you want to learn but you will get mostly same information from a book. The exam is not done through FAS but through VUE which is a certified centre. In my case there is one such a centre in Cork.

• Registered Users Posts: 626 ✭✭✭asgaard

I'm thinking to start COMPTiA+ ,but would like to do in class (daytime/evening). Don't like online courses so if You know places where can i get those courses, let me know.

Thanks in advance

• Advertisement
Advertisement