Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

netbook or tablet???

Options
  • 31-12-2011 10:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 39

I have been debating between netbook or tablet, I have been looking but i was just wondering which would be faster for playing youtube clips or rte player etc. I wont be gaming or downloading music but maybe movies. I will only be sending the odd email and storing photos

Portability is not a big thing as I will be using around the house using only wifi.
    Thanking you all for any replies

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 christabe

murfbrowne wrote: »
    I have been debating between netbook or tablet, I have been looking but i was just wondering which would be faster for playing youtube clips or rte player etc. I wont be gaming or downloading music but maybe movies. I will only be sending the odd email and storing photos

Portability is not a big thing as I will be using around the house using only wifi.
    Thanking you all for any replies

I bought an HP netbook for xmas from PC world with windows 7 etc, €270. waste of money as really really slow. waiting ages for everything and i have only skype and internet on it. not exactly using it for heavy games use!

• Registered Users Posts: 575 ✭✭✭richardw001

If you have a laptop or desktop - then I would go with a tablet - if you don't then I would go with a netbook.

Other things to bear in mind - is that you'll get a really good netbook for around 200-300 - whereas a really good tablet will cost a lot more (at least 100 more I reckon).

• Registered Users Posts: 788 ✭✭✭Poulgorm

christabe wrote: »
    I bought an HP netbook for xmas from PC world with windows 7 etc, €270. waste of money as really really slow. waiting ages for everything and i have only skype and internet on it. not exactly using it for heavy games use!

If you want to speed up that netbook, increase the ram to 2GB (cheap) and replace the hard drive with a 60 Gb solid state drive (SSD) (€95).

Expensive, I know, but it will transform it.

Advertisement