Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Organic aqua marine setup

• 31-12-2011 11:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have been toying with the Idea of setting up a marine aquarium I have been keeping freshwater fish almost 2 years.

I read about organic aqua and have been thinking of setting up a small 100litre tank.

Is it really as effective as it claims? has anyone ever used it ?

would love some feed back on weather to go with this or a conventional marine setup

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Cameron Poe

I tried it for a couple of months on a marine tank a few years ago. It was a fish only tank. No live rock etc. It worked in that I never lost any fish but it was a complete disaster for algae.

Going with a skimmer and live rock is probably a better option if you are planning on keeping any corals.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

cintec wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have been toying with the Idea of setting up a marine aquarium I have been keeping freshwater fish almost 2 years.

I read about organic aqua and have been thinking of setting up a small 100litre tank.

Is it really as effective as it claims? has anyone ever used it ?

would love some feed back on weather to go with this or a conventional marine setup

We are just about to get a 300 litre marine tank up and running.Decided to start this 2nd tank (marine) after being able to sucessfully keep a 500 litre Discuss tank.

We went with a sump system,deltec external skimmer,media reactor and will be using algae and live rock too.We will make our own marine water too,thanks to an RO system and sea salt.

This was after seeking advice from Keelan in Seahorse Aquariams.

DSCF9958.jpg
    DSCF9957.jpg
    DSCF9859.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 333 ✭✭dbrock

best guy to talk to about organic aqua is dimitri from fintastic aquatics, he along with steve whitside were the first guys to sell it in the country when fish fx was still running, and have worked with it alot,

fintastic aquatics 01 2145442

ive used it myself on a marine tank with just liverock and fish, didnt have corals, all worked for me

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭cintec

Thats a great looking tank Paddy I have a 350 litre tank but it doesn't have a sump I'd like to add one but wouldn't know how to start :)

Is the Ro unit easy to setup I read somewhere that people get there ro water from the local lfs. Is the Ro unit for the comfort of not transporting gallons of water when you want to do a water change or does it work out more economical for a tank your size to produce your own ro water.

Advertisement