Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

code of conduct suspension

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭TheMooseInNam

pH wrote: »
    If he's only ever had one xbox and he bought all the items on it- then yes the d/l stuff will still work for *any* gamertag on that xbox - however if you've changed xboxs and then the games only work with the g/t that actually bought them - so a GT ban in effect wipes out your game collection.

Just remember, this wouldn't be an issue if he didn't blatantly break the terms of service.

Play with matches, you get burned.

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

Also I've changed from my pro Xbox, to my elite Xbox and then to my slim Xbox and I've always had the common sense to transfer my licenses to the one I mainly play. And if the OP still owns the original Xbox that his licenses are on then they can move them to any Xbox they want. So I disagree that this type of ban wipes your library.

Anyway, the OP hasn't posted in a while so I guess he's over it so we all should be too. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

From reading the replies on this thread I will not be going X live, to be honest this is very bad advertisement for xbox and xbox live.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Love threads like this. "Why did I get banned...I only broke the T+Cs???"

Got exactly what you deserved OP, nothing more and nothing less. Well done Microsoft!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,158 ✭✭✭Arawn

From reading the replies on this thread I will not be going X live, to be honest this is very bad advertisement for xbox and xbox live.
    Yeah damn Microsoft upholding the rules that 95% of us play by. Those Bastards, Quick everyone to Playstation where psn never goes down and the company would never lie about why

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

Arawn wrote: »
    Yeah damn Microsoft upholding the rules that 95% of us play by. Those Bastards, Quick everyone to Playstation where psn never goes down and the company would never lie about why

im not saying its any better, but if like me I don't understand the rules that I read + if I am on the young side I might get excited just to be a part of the collective, fine print, small print, misread print, where is my recourse .

im not saying its any better, but if like me I don't understand the rules that I read + if I am on the young side I might get excited just to be a part of the collective, fine print, small print, misread print, where is my recourse .

If you don't understand something after reading it, then you shouldn't agree/accept or sign for it!

If you are on the young side, then it's your parents responsibility to give you guidance and explain the rules to you. Don't you agree? However, this leads to the next argument...

Are you seriously trying to tell us that you or anyone else (including kids) doesn't realise that tampering with avatars, gamer profiles, hacking, modding and cheating isn't going to be seriously frowned upon within a "paid" community and in doing so, they don't expect to get punished or booted out of that community for said conduct?

Considering you are actually trying to defend these peoples actions, perhaps you should go back and re-read the posts on this particular thread. You obviously haven't grasped the concept as to way it's not acceptable behaviour. If you have difficultly reading these posts, like the T+C, perhaps ask your parents for help?

I think I'm getting dizzy up here on my moral high ground :p

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭honeybadger

is it safe to say then that my dlc can still be accessed from other gamer tags on my xbox then,dont really give a **** about me banned profile but do care about my dlc i paid for

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

I think I'm getting dizzy up here on my moral high ground :p

I'll despatch the ROFLCOPTERS to rescue you hang on

Roflcopter.gif

• Advertisement

If you don't understand something after reading it, then you shouldn't agree/accept or sign for it!

If you are on the young side, then it's your parents responsibility to give you guidance and explain the rules to you. Don't you agree? However, this leads to the next argument...

Are you seriously trying to tell us that you or anyone else (including kids) doesn't realise that tampering with avatars, gamer profiles, hacking, modding and cheating isn't going to be seriously frowned upon within a "paid" community and in doing so, they don't expect to get punished or booted out of that community for said conduct?

Considering you are actually trying to defend these peoples actions, perhaps you should go back and re-read the posts on this particular thread. You obviously haven't grasped the concept as to way it's not acceptable behaviour. If you have difficultly reading these posts, like the T+C, perhaps ask your parents for help?

Jesus moose let me point out the obvious here, If you're ****ing smart enough to hack and mod a console you're obviously smrts enough to ****ing read and understand the T+c's

Arawn wrote: »
    Jesus moose let me point out the obvious here, If you're ****ing smart enough to hack and mod a console you're obviously smrts enough to ****ing read and understand the T+c's

Obviously not, otherwise XBL wouldn't need an enforcement team :p

Obviously not, otherwise XBL wouldn't need an enforcement team :p
    some-men-just-want-to-watch-the-world-burn.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,188 ✭✭✭pH

Also I've changed from my pro Xbox, to my elite Xbox and then to my slim Xbox and I've always had the common sense to transfer my licenses to the one I mainly play. And if the OP still owns the original Xbox that his licenses are on then they can move them to any Xbox they want. So I disagree that this type of ban wipes your library.

Anyway, the OP hasn't posted in a while so I guess he's over it so we all should be too. ;)

To perform a license transfer you need to be signed in to xbox.com - this can't be done with a banned account.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/p/175087/915621.aspx

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

pH wrote: »
    To perform a license transfer you need to be signed in to xbox.com - this can't be done with a banned account.

http://forums.xbox.com/xbox_forums/xbox_support/f/41/p/175087/915621.aspx

No actually, I did the license transfer from the pro to the elite myself, but by the time I'd gotten my slim I was still not allowed to use the site tool myself as not enough time had passed, I rang up Microsoft gave them the ID numbers for each console and they did it for me without me signing in to anything.

And yes OP, your DLC should still be accessible from other GamerTags on THAT console.

• Registered Users Posts: 944 ✭✭✭BetterThanThou

Some people could use the "No one reads the ToS" argument, but lets be honest, on most sites/services, including Xbox Live, the rules are extremely simple, the only rules I ever follow on Xbox Live are no profanity or insulting in my profile or public chat and no modding, I've never been banned.
    If you were banned for some majorly uncommon rule this MIGHT be an excuse, but it's common knowledge that bar some computer games that no one likes you hacking their product, minor hack or major.

Meesared wrote: »
    There was modified achievements too
    thats cheating in my book

What do you achieve ?

What do you achieve ?

A successful ban from XBL! :p

Advertisement