Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Graphics Card

Options
  • 01-01-2012 3:30am
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Graphics Card 1GB GDDR5(Overclock ed.) Any use? What settings would it play BF3 and would it be good for playing most modern games?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,864 ✭✭✭uberpixie

Bonesy. wrote: »
    Sapphire Radeon HD5770 Graphics Card 1GB GDDR5(Overclock ed.) Any use? What settings would it play BF3 and would it be good for playing most modern games?

Low to medium: this is pretty much a radeon 4870 with lower power requirements and DX11 support....

I personally would look higher up the gfx card food chain for BF3.

What resolution will you be playing @?

A 5770 would be fine for lower resolutions.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,206 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

uberpixie wrote: »
    Low to medium: this is pretty much a radeon 4870 with lower power requirements and DX11 support....
    Not accurate.

I own 2 of them, and only put the 2nd one in recently. High to Ultra settings on most games. BF3, Metro 2033 you're medium to high. Skyrim You're hovering around High. 1920x1080 60hz vsync

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,679 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

Overheal wrote: »
    Not accurate.

I own 2 of them, and only put the 2nd one in recently. High to Ultra settings on most games. BF3, Metro 2033 you're medium to high. Skyrim You're hovering around High. 1920x1080 60hz vsync

Im playing BF3 at 1680*1050 @ 60hz(monitor native res) on High and getting 50-60fps on a single 5770 lightly overclocked.

Great card for the price.

I had a rebate on my 2nd one but I slept on the paperwork :(

still a good card though!

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

Hope it's ok asking this in this thread, as it's mostly related! If it's not, feel free to split it out to a new thread!

Running a MSI R5770 HAWK myself, and haven't tried a 'modern' game since trying to play Batman: Arkham Asylum and Dragon Age and the framerate was erratic, making it kinda unplayable. I haven't played around with it too much, but would love to give that another go, any suggestions on drivers/settings for this?

• Advertisement

Erratic in Arkham Asylum? Whats your processor. You didn't enable PhysX did you

• Registered Users Posts: 30,123 ✭✭✭✭Star Lord

It's an i5-750. My build details are here: http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=65026269

No, I know there's no point even trying the PhysX stuff on a radeon card!

Advertisement