Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLEASE HELP!

Options
  • 01-01-2012 11:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭

Please,I need help anyone! The sockets in our house tripping when I turn on the TV or vacuum cleaner but the rcd is not tripping. Nothing new or different has been plugged in and the house is only three years old. Any ideas please? Oh,and happy new year all.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

Does it happen when hoover is plugged in anywhere in house or is it confined to one location?

• Registered Users Posts: 961 ✭✭✭Longranger

Anywhere. I'm thinking its a faulty rcd. .. what do you reckon.?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 466 ✭✭beanie10

If the rcd is not tripping i would nearly rule that out. Is it different mcb that is tripping depending on which part of house your in? If so it probably the hoover since the tv is in same spot the whole time. Check the flex of the hoover.

That's the problem. It's not tripping ANY breakers at all! WEIRD!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,431 ✭✭✭M cebee

get an appliance like a 2kw fan heater and try it in a few different locations

kitchen,hallway and bedroom sockets

see if it works and if it affects other sockets ,lights etc when 'on'

it's unlikely the 2 appliances are faulty,prob a connection issue

• Advertisement

Thanks for the replies lads. I got it sorted. My mate is a spark and I was able to get him out of bed! Just! Turns out it was a loose connection. The buzz bar had melted at the rcd so got them replaced. Phew! Thanks again for the help and best wishes to ye for 2012;)
    LR

Advertisement