Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent earplugs?

Options
  • 01-01-2012 12:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,097 ✭✭✭

I've been going to some loud gigs recently, and I realise my hearing is going to be ****ed fairly soon without using earplugs. I really don't want that, so any comments of "pussy"/"be grand" etc, FUUCK OFF.
    Anyone here (sound engineers, IDK) who use them? What would ye recommend? So that I can enjoy the music without the permanent hearing damage.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

I got a pair of ER-20s from HMV on Grafton street in Dublin, they're the reusable kind that attenuate frequencies fairly evenly. I think they were €4 or something, well worth it.

It's this kind, except the case is HMV branded.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,452 ✭✭✭Rigsby

If you are really serious about protecting your hearing I'd suggest getting a pair of custom made plugs with the interchangeable filters. These are not cheap. I paid around 200 euros for mine, but you cant put a price on your hearing. A cast is taken of each ear for a snug fit. Mine took about three weeks to be ready. How much sound you want to let in or keep out will determine which filters to get. Mine are 15 db which means that the volume is reduced by 15 db's. Everything sounds clear, just at a lower volume.

I got mine in the "Advance Hearing..."

http://www.advancehearing.com/

Some lads here recommend a guy call Frank Cass on the Kimmage Cross Roads. You are right to be concerned about your hearing. I would recommend getting the best you can afford.

Advertisement