Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV, Broadband and phone?

Options
  • 01-01-2012 12:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭

Is there any company in Tramore that offers all three in one package?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

UPC are due to offer broadband early 2012...thats what their CS told me.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭coldstream4444

That would be great. Thank you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭scout353

mickob16 wrote: »
    UPC are due to offer broadband early 2012...thats what their CS told me.

Any idea when and what kind of speeds?

• Registered Users Posts: 319 ✭✭mickob16

I wasnt given a specific date just "early 2012". I'm leaving eircom this month as im paying €55 pm which i find to b a ripoff.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Well there is no sign of UPC moving their fibre out to Tramore, so not sure if they are going to offer traditional broadband over their high speed. Cant see it tbh. There is a rep from them on Boards, ill ask.

That leaves the likes of Eircom, Esat Telecom/BT/Vodafone (think they merged?) and UTV. Have UTV myself, generally fine but support isn't the greatest is they go down which is far and few between I guess. Found UTV the cheapest.

None of the above offer TV. TV in Tramore needs to be purchased separately. I prefer Sky myself - its a much nicer interference for changing channels, TV Guide etc. got an Android App for Sky + and soon Sky Go (watch TV on mobile).

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 795 ✭✭✭rasper

Sully wrote: »
    Well there is no sign of UPC moving their fibre out to Tramore, so not sure if they are going to offer traditional broadband over their high speed. Cant see it tbh. There is a rep from them on Boards, ill ask.

did you get a chance to ask that upc rep , tried to find him but couldnt, so if ya want to let me know as its a rumour Ive heard many times, would be great boost for the town commercially as well as for domestic use

Advertisement