Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are there any decent 32 inch tvs under €300 on sale?

Options
  • 01-01-2012 2:11pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭

Gutted I missed out on that Toshiba offer on Argos, they had a 32 for 230 euro reduced from over 300 I believe, they went like hot cakes.

Does anyone know of any other offers ongoing where you could pick up a decent quality make of tv (has to be 32") for between say 200 and 280 approx in Dublin at the moment?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

2 LG models here \/
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056452341

Discount code still works.

Website seems a bit finicky though, so you may just have to call them up and ask about stock levels/availability? :cool:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,175 ✭✭✭sundodger5

saw a toshiba 32 in Harvey norman for 299 last week.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

Sorry but where do you input the code to avail of the discount with Littlewoods for the tv??

(thanks for ye replies folks)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Alba 32 inch for 249 in argos

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

Amazon have the Toshiba Argos were doing here, it ships to ROI with free delivery €280 approx.

As per Argos, it won't do Saorview.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0056Z7700/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?ie=UTF8&m=A3P5ROKL5A1OLE

You could also use Littlewoods code linked to above to get this Saorview approved Samsung (HD Ready 720p) down to €250 approx. (Awaiting stock -expected despatch within 2 weeks)

http://www.littlewoodsireland.ie/samsung-32-inch-hd-ready-lcd-tv-le32d400e/1000193627.prd?browseToken=%2fb%2f15939%2c4740%2fs%2fbestsellers%2c0&trail=4739-4740-15939

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭battries not included

Clarehall Tesco have a sale on TVs, saw a samsung 32inch full hd (1080i) for 299.00e

will try get a code tomorrow for you

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 mrsfraw

Its worth checking back on the Argos site. I wanted one of those 229 tvs, they were showing up out of stock all week. On spec i checked yesterday and there were two available for reserving in the Crescent store. I presume its when people reserve but don't collect.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 579 ✭✭✭panama

mrsfraw wrote: »
    Its worth checking back on the Argos site. I wanted one of those 229 tvs, they were showing up out of stock all week. On spec i checked yesterday and there were two available for reserving in the Crescent store. I presume its when people reserve but don't collect.

Where's the Crescent store? I'm based in Dublin and theyre out of stock in every Argos here in afraid.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 325 ✭✭Techno_Toaster

http://www.did.ie/Product/HANSPREE-32andquot-SUPER-SLIM-LED-SL32FMNB/19540/28012.0.0

cannot speak highly enough of that tv. We have 4 of them between our family and they are amazing

panama wrote: »
    Where's the Crescent store? I'm based in Dublin and theyre out of stock in every Argos here in afraid.

I believe it is the store in limerick.

Its in Limerick. I checked for you its out of stock again. I checked online after the store closed maybe try tomorrow after six o clock in stores nearer to you.

• Registered Users Posts: 121 ✭✭dardhal

mrsfraw wrote: »

I was lucky enough to see the fantastic offer early, and make the reservation on December 26 in the morning. I don't have so much experience with LCD/LED/Plasma TV, just a lower end SAMSUNG 32" LCD TV i bought for my parents a couple of years ago, and whose image quality was less than satisfactory (they miss their old CRT very much, but it died).

I think the TOSHIBA image quality to be very good, blacks are more blackish than the greyish SAMSUNG I have mentioned above, and for the intended use (no HDTV sources, just a basic UPC connected via SCART, no game console) and considering I don't think I'll stay in Ireland more than a couple of years, the price to quality ratio seems superb to me.

Oh, and despite the misleading labeling on the website, my unit is a 32BV501, not a 500 one, that I think is the older model number for the same product. And take into account it comes with the base already fitted, a remote controller (and included batteries), but with NO kind of connector cable, neither SCART nor HDMI or anything of that sort.

If you can get one of those remaining units, I think you will be more than happy with your purchase.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,192 ✭✭✭norbert64

Sorry but where do you input the code to avail of the discount with Littlewoods for the tv??

(thanks for ye replies folks)
    You have to register for an account on there site, then go through to the checkout.
    Under the delivery heading, there's a box down the bottom of the page
    Got a promo code?

Throw the code in there, hit submit, the page refreshes and you get your new discounted price. :cool: :P

Just checked online, there are two of those 229 euro Toshiba tvs left to collect in argos in the crescent Limerick. hope that helps someone.

powercity coolock had a walker 32inch, full hd saorview tv for 259euro

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Weylin

lots of 32inch televisions for sale at that price. but are they"Non Saorview TVs'' as described by argos!:eek: you will need to buy the "box" to use them!:mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,019 ✭✭✭Badgermonkey

They'll suit Sky/UPC subscribers who intend to remain so indefinitely.

Saorview's great but not everyone will want it.

Advertisement