Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

From a Sassanach

Options
  • 01-01-2012 2:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭

So, Biko banned me for this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76229885&postcount=255 which was in response to this post http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=76162829&postcount=248.

I reported the post by Seanchai as I found the tone and the language aggressive and abusive, especially the use of the terms sassanach and British Pleb.

No action was taken over this post despite my reporting it twice. the second time in my comments I asked for feedback, which I didn't get.

please could a C-Mod explain why I get banned, yet the post i was responding to is deemed to be acceptable. Apparently this is due, in part, to the original post being made "In the heat of a debate"???

I would also like to question the 14 days ban, as it appears to be excessive. I understand from Biko that ban becomes longer for repeat offences, but the fact I successfully some of my previous appeals hasn't been taken into account. at least on of these was from Terry when he issued bans for the fun of it.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Fred,

I would like to get some feedback from Biko and indeed from the other AH mods on this one, I will revert to you after that.

Given the time of year, I'm sure you will understand if it takes a little longer than usual.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

Ok, I'm inclined to agree that there was provocation.

That said, Fred, you know better than to rise to it. I'm especially not impressed that you rose to it not in the heat of the moment, but that you dragged up the thread five days later to respond. I suspect that is the factor that is referenced by the "in the heat of debate" comment, and which led to a sanction being applied in your case.

In view of the provocation / baiting, I am shortening your ban, with biko's agreement, to 7 days (i.e. 3 days from now).

However, I want to clearly articulate my expectation that you will take the high ground in future, not rise to such provocation nor indeed lower yourself to throwing labels like micks and paddies around the place.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 26,567 ✭✭✭✭Fratton Fred

Ok, I'm inclined to agree that there was provocation.

That said, Fred, you know better than to rise to it. I'm especially not impressed that you rose to it not in the heat of the moment, but that you dragged up the thread five days later to respond. I suspect that is the factor that is referenced by the "in the heat of debate" comment, and which led to a sanction being applied in your case.

In view of the provocation / baiting, I am shortening your ban, with biko's agreement, to 7 days (i.e. 3 days from now).

However, I want to clearly articulate my expectation that you will take the high ground in future, not rise to such provocation nor indeed lower yourself to throwing labels like micks and paddies around the place.

Point taken. Thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,819 ✭✭✭✭g'em

Resolved.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement