Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

what do you [honestly] think of these Tights..

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I think of my School Uniform (Sorry).:o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,328 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Are 90 denier tights a no no?? I have 100 denier tights that I would wear with a dress/skirt cos I'm not mad on my legs! I don't think tights like that look bad but it depends what they are with - like I wouldn't put those tights with that dress in the picture at all - the dress is way too light and summery.

However if it's like a tweed, wintry, mini skirt then I would - with boots or something

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 902 ✭✭✭lainey316

I have a pair of Falke 100 deniers... maybe a Wolford pair as well, thought they'd be warmer but I rarely wear them cause I just think they look too dark and heavy. They can be nice with boots tho. Because they are so dark it's harder to match them to an outfit than a 50/60 denier I find.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,281 ✭✭✭Valentina

I like them but that outfit is too summery for them.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭Pretty Polly

The tights and dress are nice but i wouldn't wear them together. :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

I like them. I'm a fan of solid, opaque tights. they can be very bold and striking,

• Since when are 90 denier tights bad? I wear thick black tights under my dress/cardi combo almost every day, I'd be freezing otherwise! They are too heavy for that dress, though. I wouldn't wear any sort of dark tights with a white dress tbh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,469 ✭✭✭Pythia

Every single one of the OPs posts is about tights. Some kind of weird troll imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭sunrise91

I agree, I think they're fine but far too harsh for that dress!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 497 ✭✭jpm4

Pythia wrote: »
    Every single one of the OPs posts is about tights. Some kind of weird troll imo.

Some are hilarious if are bored enough to read them....particularly the mystery of where the "Black Opaque School Tights" went after being handed into a charity shop! Better call in the Mystery Machine for that one.....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3 vonage77

If you want to wear tights with this dress I would ditch dark colours and go with pink or yellow to make more of a statement and will look quite funky. It's a pretty dress but the dark tights take away from it and do not go with your sandles :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,722 ✭✭✭silly

Pythia wrote: »
    7 yrs and counting...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

I had a look back over the OPs threads - one of the best laughs I've had in a long time!

I particularly loved the one about the bleach stained tights. :D

I wear similar tights on a near daily basis in winter. However, like other posters have said, I wouldn't wear them with a light summery dress. I think it would look nice with pink, lower denier tights.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

You've been posting about tights since 2005! lol!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,877 ✭✭✭stripysocks85

I'd wear that. I like the look of 100Denier tights and try and buy these over any less denier ones! I wouldn't exactly consider myself a fashion icon, but feck it, who am I trying to impress?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 350 ✭✭ICANN

OP is hilarious!!

90 denier tights are perfect in winter with boots and a wintery dress, not with summer clothes.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,194 ✭✭✭saa

Well she does have the legs to go without tights
    and minus the summer clothes nowt wrong with thick tights.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,944 ✭✭✭✭Links234

oh wow, went back through the post history... this has to be the best ever! http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showpost.php?p=2964753&postcount=32

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 46 Hihello

Karina, did you ever get rid of the bleached tights??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,126 ✭✭✭Aoifums

I like those tights, I like that dress. But put them together and it looks awful!

On the "advice" of other posters, I went back and looked at all the OP's topics. I don't know the last time I laughed so hard :D I was nearly crying with laughter at one stage. Oh I'm a horrible person...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭we'llallhavetea_old

Feckin LOL :D
    I love boards for threads like this! my toes squirmed looking at the tights beat into the mules :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Karina - If I recall correctly, a lot of your threads ended up getting locked and closed years ago.

Thread closed.

dudara

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement