If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advise for better sound

Options
  • 01-01-2012 3:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 16

Hi,
    Im hoping you can give me a little advise. We've recently bought a mulit media player and Ive loaded all my music onto it but now realise the sound from the tv isnt good enough for this. If we connected a soundbar to the tv would this work? Or is it possible to get speakers? We had been considering a home cinema system but again are unsure if the multimedia player can be connected to this? Thanks;)

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 17,277 ✭✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Kenny

Hi Mop1.

Which way have you the Media Player connected to you TV?

If it has an HDMI or optical output then you could indeed use a home cinema Pack to enhance you sound.

Let me know the connection and I can do up a few options for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

Ah thanks for getting back to me. Sorry now, Im slightly techicnally challenged so I hope Im making sense:rolleyes:. Its connected with DC in and AV out wires. There is a HDMI and optical output space but nothing in them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi there.

You would need to connect the media player to some sort of a sound system.

It sounds like you have 3 options. HDMI (which may only carry video), optical output which is a digtal audio output and then you have the A/V connection which I would guess is composite video and 2 audio.

You could go for any system as long as it has an input.

Eg : Pioneer XHM20. THis is now down to £129.95.

Alternatively if you are looking for a surround system. The Onkyo HTS3405 is £249.95. This would also have connections for lots of other devices and it is more designed for home cinema.

Let me know if either of these suit or if you would like any other recommendations as there are lots of options.

Many thanks

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 16 mop1

Hi Dave,
    Thanks so much for your reply. Sorry about the delay in getting back to you, things have been crazy lately:rolleyes: Anyway I was wondering would a soundbar work? We reckon that might be best choice as we dont have alot of space.
    Thanks,
    Sharon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,474 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: Dave

Hi Sharon,

Tell me about it, busy busy times. Apologies about the delay in getting back to you.

A soundbar could work no problem. :) Check out this wee beaut below. It's the Boston TVee 25 Soundbar, it comes with a very neat little wireless subwoofer too. :)

http://www.bostona.eu/en/loudspeakers_tvsound_tveemodel25.php

Really good sound for all the size of it, the sub makes a good difference too. Very easy to use too. :)

Our current price on this is £229.95 / €280.42

If you want to go all out check this beast out:

http://www.richersounds.com/product/soundbars/yamaha/ysp2200/yama-ysp2200-blk

This Yamaha is top of the top in my opinion. We have 1 set up in the shop and it blows me away every time. Again this comes with a very neat little subwoofer for that extra boom!!! Well worth checking it out. :)

Our current price on this is £699.95 / €853.59

Let me know what ya think.

Chris

• Advertisement

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.