Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Direct Debit Contract

• 01-01-2012 4:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭

Quick question guys,
    I signed on to Meteor Bill pay, and in my contract, it states the direct debit will take the bill from my account on the 28th of every month. I wanted this date as it's the date I get paid.
    However, for the past two months now, they have not made the attempt to withdraw the money until the 2nd of the month. Which has resulted in my previous 2 bills being over due.

As my contract says the 28th, are they legally obliged to take the money on quoted date? Usually, I have very little money in my account come the 2nd, as I pay my rent, bills and prepare for a baby on the way.
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Moved to Banking & Insurance & Pensions

dudara

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,816 ✭✭✭unclebill98

The are applying to the dd on the 28th however this request can take a few days resulting in the dd coming out on them dates.

Ask them for clarity on this and move dd request date if required.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28,279 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

You can request a paper bill in the post and pay it in the post office if DD doesn't suit you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 186 ✭✭optimus1

Its the nature of Direct Debits that they come out on different dates.
    For example the 28th of January falls on a Saturday - DD wont be processed until the next working day.

Are you sure it doesnt say in your contract that your Billing Date is the 28th?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,339 ✭✭✭tenchi-fan

I worked somewhere where customers could choose 7, 14, 21 or 28 as a payment date.. but 28 actually meant the last day of the month (so 31st for January)
    Pick a different payment date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,933 ✭✭✭skimpydoo

This might be a silly question but if your bill comes out 4 or 5 days later what's the problem as the money should be still there to cover your phone bill. Where else would the money go?.

Advertisement