Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transport to Sunlife Stadium?

• 01-01-2012 4:23pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭

Anyone sorted there's yet,I've been looking into it and it seems a tricky prospect,Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭Initium

Renting a car will be the best and cheapest option.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭ciano316

People with packages have free transport don't they??

• Registered Users Posts: 192 ✭✭RKJ_force

renting a car i think is not a good idea because I think you can go there by transportation and if you rent a car you have to pay and for the car and for the parking at the stadium. Also with all that people near the stadium it will be a lot of traffic

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭baldstuffandy

i was at WM 24 in Orlando,they had free travel to and from WM, They literally had hundreds of buses taking pple.

• Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭ClassicsGuy

ciano316 wrote: »
    People with packages have free transport don't they??

Yeah. On the latest e-mail I just got, it said 'bus transportation' from my hotel to the stadium would be at 3:30pm on the Sunday.

Had a look on Google Map and it's about a 30 minute drive to the stadium, about 16 miles.

The 3:30pm leaving time is notable because it means either not going to the Sunday 12:30pm to 4:30pm Axxess session at all, or at the very least, leaving early to make it back to the hotel for the bus to Mania.

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 2,163 ✭✭✭Brolly

I might organise a bus again, but it will depend on numbers...anyone definitely still needing transport, PM me and I'll see if I get enough people to fill a bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 589 ✭✭✭killyourtv

If you can get lots of people interested then I'll take a place again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheDanimal

Hi Brolly, I would defo be keen to jump on an organised mini bus as would my wife! If it doesn't happen I would be looking to do some cab sharing either way. Am staying at the Deuville where Wrestlereunion is taking place.

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Broooce

Anyone have any tips on where to park?

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭Memnoch99

The parking wont be as bad as people think, we parked our car at Mania26 in Arizona and we were fairly close to the stadium. Presuming that the Sun LIfe arena is run well you will have stewards directing you to the next avaialble car park so no driving aorund looking for a space. We just waited about half an hour after the show before leaving the car-park and away we went and didnt get stuck in any traffic at all oddly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭Avian

Like I said to you on Facebook, I really would be up for a Brolly Express to be there in Miami! Although I didn't make it last time ha! I was too eager/hungover to catch it (Still have my tickets though!)

Like I said, it'd be amazing if you could arrange something man, I know there is a coach leaving from Miami but i'd rather it be boards arranged so...we know it's not a coach with the local inmates.

Avian wrote: »
    Like I said to you on Facebook, I really would be up for a Brolly Express to be there in Miami! Although I didn't make it last time ha! I was too eager/hungover to catch it (Still have my tickets though!)

Like I said, it'd be amazing if you could arrange something man, I know there is a coach leaving from Miami but i'd rather it be boards arranged so...we know it's not a coach with the local inmates.

Still working on it bud...I don't think there are that many people looking for transport this time so its difficult to get a decent price on the transport!

Brolly wrote: »
    Still working on it bud...I don't think there are that many people looking for transport this time so its difficult to get a decent price on the transport!

Yeah, think a fair majority go for packages on these boards and...this places seems awfully more quiet than it was round mania 26 time. Let's hope we get something sorted :-) Can always get a group to do a minibus taxi thing to and from?

Yeah, think a fair majority go for packages on these boards and...this places seems awfully more quiet than it was round mania 26 time. Let's hope we get something sorted :-) Can always get a group to do a minibus taxi thing to and from?

I'm waiting on a quote for a minibus...I'd say there will be enough people to fill it! Hope the price is decent now!

A lot of the companies are putting up the prices...one quoted me $900 for return transfers (14 seater!). Some others quoted $600. I was hoping for half that again!

Ok...got transport! Return trip will be about €15 each. I will get a paypal link set up tonight.

As everyone will be staying at different hotels this time, I am having the pick-up point as the Hardrock Cafe in Miami (beside the American Airlines Arena)...they serve breakfast/lunch etc there so I'm hoping to organise a boards.ie meet-up before we go to the Stadium.

The number of seats are limited, so anyone who PM'd me will be given first chance on getting their seats.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Ok...got transport! Return trip will be about €15 each. I will get a paypal link set up tonight.

As everyone will be staying at different hotels this time, I am having the pick-up point as the Hardrock Cafe in Miami (beside the American Airlines Arena)...they serve breakfast/lunch etc there so I'm hoping to organise a boards.ie meet-up before we go to the Stadium.

The number of seats are limited, so anyone who PM'd me will be given first chance on getting their seats.

you are the man sir!

Confirmed for the bus:

Brolly - 3
    Haz - 1
    EdK - 3
    killyourtv - 1
    baldstuffandy - 1
    Avian - 1

That leaves 4 seats...The Danimal said he would like 2 seats in an earlier post, so I'll wait to hear back from him before letting the last 2 seats go. I was going to put up a paypal link today, but I'll leave it a while and PM everyone in a few days. I just want to make sure the booking is confirmed and paid with the bus company first!

Edit: The Danimal doesn't need the 2 seats anymore, so 4 seats still available.

Confirmed for the bus:

Brolly - 3
    Haz - 1
    EdK - 3
    killyourtv - 1
    baldstuffandy - 1
    Avian - 1

That leaves 4 seats...The Danimal said he would like 2 seats in an earlier post, so I'll wait to hear back from him before letting the last 2 seats go. I was going to put up a paypal link today, but I'll leave it a while and PM everyone in a few days. I just want to make sure the booking is confirmed and paid with the bus company first!

This is such a major relief bud, I wasn't so worried about getting there but think getting back whilst everyone else is leaving is a RIGHT pain...at 26 I sat out in a hotel and ate dinner before I could get a taxi back.

Plus, it'll be awesome having a pre-mania meet up for some lunch/brunch/brinner to get us in the mood!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 TheDanimal

Doh, I didn't think anything was coming of this and have got myself booked up on another coach. Have paid in advance so am going to have to give this a miss. Thanks for messaging me and I hope everyone has a good time!

This is such a major relief bud, I wasn't so worried about getting there but think getting back whilst everyone else is leaving is a RIGHT pain...at 26 I sat out in a hotel and ate dinner before I could get a taxi back.

Plus, it'll be awesome having a pre-mania meet up for some lunch/brunch/brinner to get us in the mood!

I'm the same bud...in Orlando, we were stuck in Downtown after the HOF...no taxi's for ages. And we ended up walking a few miles in Houston before getting a cab!

• Advertisement

The cost of the return transfer is €16 each (inc Paypal fees). Like last time, I have added a few euros just incase the bus doesn't sell out...I'll refund it to you if I have any money left over.

Click here to pay

If you are not already on the list above, please PM me before making payment. I want to make sure the bus doesn't get overbooked!

Figured i'd message here too but I sent the money across bud :-) We will receive awesome bus tickets this year? I really wish I had come on the last one, everyone seemed to have an awesome one. I was way to hungover though...I blame Super-Rush for that though :P

Figured i'd message here too but I sent the money across bud :-) We will receive awesome bus tickets this year? I really wish I had come on the last one, everyone seemed to have an awesome one. I was way to hungover though...I blame Super-Rush for that though :P

Ah yes, Super-Rush is a hard man to keep up with when drinking (or so I heard from everyone I met in Phoenix!). No need for tickets this year bud...there's only a small group of us...the bus won't be as fancy either!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Is there a projected leaving time for the bus? forgot we had the Rey Mysterio Axxess on Sunday and that goes on till 2:30pm

I'll try and work it to suit everyone bud...Mania starts at 7, so pre-show match will be 6.30, gates will be 4/4.30. So, maybe 3/3.30pm?

Maybe we could all meet for lunch round 1-2:30 then? I personally have nothing planned for the sat, was going to do Axxess but think i'm just going to chill mania day.

Maybe we could all meet for lunch round 1-2:30 then? I personally have nothing planned for the sat, was going to do Axxess but think i'm just going to chill mania day.

I'll be heading for the Hardrock for lunch on the Sunday...I'm going to Axxess from 8am to 12pm and then back to the hotel to get my Mania tickets etc sorted. I'll be at the Hardrock for about 1.30pm.

I'll be heading for the Hardrock for lunch on the Sunday...I'm going to Axxess from 8am to 12pm and then back to the hotel to get my Mania tickets etc sorted. I'll be at the Hardrock for about 1.30pm.

Sounds like a solid plan good sir! I no doubt be tempted by the WrestleReunion which is going on in my hotel before mania but a 1:30 spot of lunch sounds delightful! Lets hope the other bus members...or heck even just other boardies wanna come join :D. How's the bus? Sold out yet?

Sounds like a solid plan good sir! I no doubt be tempted by the WrestleReunion which is going on in my hotel before mania but a 1:30 spot of lunch sounds delightful! Lets hope the other bus members...or heck even just other boardies wanna come join :D. How's the bus? Sold out yet?

Not sold out yet bud...there are 10 of us at the min, so 4 seats left.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7 knfa

PM'd you for two spots. Thanks man!

Advertisement