Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logging my plodding to 1000miles 2012.....................

• 01-01-2012 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

Ok i've been following logs on here for a while so i thought its about time to start my own!!!!!!

Goal for 2012 is to complete 1000miles this year break 5 hours for the marathon and break 60mins for 10k

I know these are extremely slow times for most people but thats why i'll be plodding my way to 1000.....

Anyway first session of 2012 a nice 3.1miles in 31.30 happy with that start to the year even happier that i was only in the door a few minutes when the hailstones came:D

looking forward to a happy, healthy year of running :rolleyes:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 560 ✭✭✭madon

Best of luck with your new log and this years goals.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 469 ✭✭bart simpson

Best of luck with the log :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 690 ✭✭✭captain P

Best of luck with the goals and the log! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,090 ✭✭✭shazkea

Welcome to the logs and best of luck with the goals for 2012

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,144 ✭✭✭Bally8

Welcome to the log diddleyland. I have been chasing the sub60 10k for a while myself - its going to happen in 2012:). Best of luck with all your goals. I will follow with interest.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭slowsteady

Goal for 2012 is to complete 1000miles this year....

As one who passed 1,000 miles on 28th Dec welcome to logging-land. If you stick to logging, the motivation and the support you will get here will see you through.

Best of luck and keep healthy!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,585 ✭✭✭Nules10

Welcome to the logs diddleyland. Good luck with your goals. And as someone has already said you will get great encouragement and support on here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Best of luck from a fellow plodder :)

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭diddleyland

Thanks everyone feeling the love already:)

well done slowsteady, hoping i'll make it

Bally8 i've followed your log over the last while i've found you very motivational i must say- 2012 will bring your sub 60min 10k i'm sure hopefully i'll be joining you

todays events.......
    went to cinema with himself and the kids, then had a nice 2 hour nap with my son, then off to the dreadmill for a 30.40min 4.02miles feeling good,
    had taken a bit of a break over christmas and think my body is now thanking me!!!

miles so far 2012-7.12

Took Tues as a rest day then back to treadmill this eve for 3.69miles in 30.20 hoping to do Coole Park 5k on Sat it would be nice to do a race to get in to the swing of things for the year!!!!

can't wait for the bright evenings to get outdoors

Miles to date for 2012-10.81:)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

Good luck with your log.

4.06 miles on the treadmill this eve in 33.20

really hope i can do the 5k under 30mins on sat, need to get myself into some shape before Connemara!!!!:eek:

Miles to date for 2012- 14.87 :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

I've been toying with the idea of doing Coole Park myself...more unlikely than likely at the minute but you never know.
    Best of luck with it anyway :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,029 ✭✭✭DigiJem

Good luck with your goals diddleyland, and with the 5k at the weekend.

coole park 5k done today....

forgot my garmin :( but going by mammys watch in just under 30 mins so happy with that:)

Miles to date for 2012-17.97

Went to my lil cousins 21st on sat night but was didn't drink was driving!!!! woke sun morn with a hangover!!!:mad: not sure how that works but i'm always the same after a late night without drinking:confused: had a jamies day with the kids....so no run on sun....

so to today... back to the meet and train gang did 3.13mlies in 33.58 not very impressive but still its outdoors milage which always feels good

Miles to date 2012- 21.1

Back to the dreadmill this eve

4.82 miles in 40.26,

delighted i actually ran felt like throwing myself on the couch, enjoyed the exercise though :)

milage to date 2012- 25.92

decided to take weds as a rest day

then while cooking on thurs evening sliced my finger with the lid of my chick peas tin:eek:, pumping blood so decided it was best not to run

then on fri was too lazy to run after work

so went to coole park with the family and ran 3.2 miles in 35mins
    its so easy to leave it for a day or two and next thing its been a week without running and i get narky!!! delighted i stopped the days off with 3

milage to date 2012- 29.12

need to up the milage in the runs 3ish miles each run wont get me through connemara!!!!!!

treadmill this eve when i had a short interval while the potato gratin was in the oven(looooow fat diet!!!!!! noooooo way) anyhooow 4.34 miles in 35.02mins

Miles to date 2012-33.46

out on the roads this eve with meet and train group

33mins- 3.1miles steady run

milage to date 2012-36.56 miles

• Advertisement

ridiculously bad week only ran on monday:mad:

not injuried or anything just no motivation!!!!

starting back into the swing of things tomorrow and from there on i'll be flying it!!

think my main problem is i haven't been following a plan just running

so i'm going to decide on a plan tonight and stick to it!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭meathcountysec

ridiculously bad week only ran on monday:mad:

not injuried or anything just no motivation!!!!

starting back into the swing of things tomorrow and from there on i'll be flying it!!

so i'm going to decide on a plan tonight and stick to it!!!

A plan is a good thing, though it needs to be flexible to allow for "real life". :)

Maybe pick a target race and work towards that. If you have a specific goal it may help to keep you motivated.

Good luck with your training. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 742 ✭✭✭jester1980

Had the exact same problem back in Oct and Nov, between finishing a HM programme and starting on FM programme, just no motivation at all so i would defo look at getting some sort of programme as once i started back i was fine again.

Good Luck

thanks for the encouragement

have my flexible plan will stick to it will have to jiggle a few days around but that'll be fine..

5.19 miles on monday 23rd in 45.43, tues rest day

back in action tomorrow

feel now that i've got a plan it'll be a lot easier, working towards a sub 5 hour marathon in portumna in june but also doing the connemarathon with my friend but that is not a proper go at the sub five i'll prob only run 20 miles of it as a long run (hopefully i'll manage that much) then run/walk the rest!!!

anyhoow
    milage to date 2012-41.75miles

4.02 miles in 30.42 this evening on the treadmill i cant wait for a bit of light in the evenings to get outside, delighted that i'm running better this week it helps to keep me sane!!!

milage to date 2012-45.77miles

4.01miles steady running in 34.01 this eve on treadmill

Milage to date 2012-49.78miles!

3.06miles in 28.02minutes as part of my plan so glad i've stuck to the plan could have so easily not done anything this eve!!! 6miles tomorrow get to do it outdoors yippee

milage to date 2012-52.84miles getting there slooooooowly but surely

6.04 miles outdoors:) in 1hr05mins:o

happy out with that though upping the milage and stuck to the plan this week

much happier bunny :D

milage to date 2012-58.88miles

I had very sore leggies after yesterdays outdoors running uphills for a couple of miles so had a nice 2.51miles on the treadmill this eve in 22.02mins to loosen them out, it worked a treat....

milage to date 2012-61.39miles:)

• Advertisement

4miler today sticking to the plan as much as i can today was to be a rest day but i wont be able to run tomorrow so did a swap, it would have been easy to not do today or tomorrow then leave it altogether til after the weekend!!! so proud of myself for doing the run today

4.02 in 35.56

milage to date 2012-65.41miles

January total 65.41miles:)

Advertisement