Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Revolutionary songs

Options
  • 01-01-2012 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

My favourite songs would have to be the Soviet Anthem, L'Internationale and La Marseillaise due to their strong revolutionary theme. Unfortunatley I've listened to these to death. Anyone have any suggestions?

P.S. Don't give me something like"Revolution" by the Beatles.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,034 ✭✭✭rcaz

Do you want music that revolutionised music? Music that went along with a political or social revolution?

Can't beat Stravinsky for music to **** **** up to;

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 HarrytheBored

After reading much of Stravinsky's Wikipedia page I'm pretty sure that I despise him for his political views. Normally I wouldn't care but this thread (I know I failed to mention this) is for listening to music while reading political pamphlets and the writings of Marx, Rosa Luxemburg, etc. Thanks for adding though.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,247 ✭✭✭HalloweenJack

So you only want left-wing revolutionary music? :rolleyes:

Although I don't agree whatsoever with the Falange's views, I admire the gloating humour of this (post-) revolutionary song:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,900 ✭✭✭InTheTrees

Occupy...

Okay maybe not revolutionary yet but its early days?

Advertisement