Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Compatibility Thread

Options
  • 01-01-2012 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭

There's alot of people (Including me :o) on PC:B&U that are often asking if certain parts are compatible, so I thought it would be better if all questions were put in the one thread. I'll start off with a question, would a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 be compatible with the Intel i5-2500k AND the Intel Core i3 2100?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

Bonesy. wrote: »
    There's alot of people (Including me :o) on PC:B&U that are often asking if certain parts are compatible, so I thought it would be better if all questions were put in the one thread. I'll start off with a question, would a Gigabyte GA-Z68AP-D3 be compatible with the Intel i5-2500k AND the Intel Core i3 2100?

Yes of course , all the sandy bridge (four numbers after name e.g. i3/5/7 2xxx) are compatible with socket 1155. The chipsets are P67, Z68, H61, and H67. The chipset is mentioned usually in the name (GA-Z68AP-D3) or in the specifications page.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

Already have a Seagate baracuda 3Gb/s Hard Drive. Came with the PC. Can I upgrade to the faster 6Gb/s, 16Mb Seagate drive? Bin the old one and insert the recovery disks after replacing the drive?

Acer em61sm/em61pm motherboard.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST500DM002-500GB-Serial-ATA-7200RPM/dp/B005GOTMR2/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1325445167&sr=1-1-spell

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭Tij da feen

squod wrote: »
    Already have a Seagate baracuda 3Gb/s Hard Drive. Came with the PC. Can I upgrade to the faster 6Gb/s, 16Mb Seagate drive? Bin the old one and insert the recovery disks after replacing the drive?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Seagate-ST500DM002-500GB-Serial-ATA-7200RPM/dp/B005GOTMR2/ref=sr_1_sc_1?s=computers&ie=UTF8&qid=1325445167&sr=1-1-spell

No point. Sata-3 6 GB/s mechinical drives operate at the same speeds as Sata-2 3 GB/s.

• Registered Users Posts: 456 ✭✭Bonesy.

What motherboards are compatible with the AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz 8MB 95W Black Edition?

What motherboards are compatible with the AMD Phenom II X4 960T 3.0GHz 8MB 95W Black Edition?
    Motherboards that are Am3 socket.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

anyone know if the asus silent squre evo cooler will fit on asus m5a99x evo board

anyone know if the asus silent squre evo cooler will fit on asus m5a99x evo board
    Yup, Am2 coolers work with am3 so that's fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭infowars.com

cheers mate ill fire that cooler in at some point:) looks like it might be a nightmere to fit

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,704 ✭✭✭squod

No point. Sata-3 6 GB/s mechinical drives operate at the same speeds as Sata-2 3 GB/s.

Thanks for that. Are they compatible like? Need new HD anyways. Can I bin the old one and insert the recovery disks after replacing the drive?? Is it that easy??

• Registered Users Posts: 6,710 ✭✭✭Monotype

Eboggles wrote: »

Motherboards that are Am3 socket.

And AM3+.
    Thanks for that. Are they compatible like? Need new HD anyways. Can I bin the old one and insert the recovery disks after replacing the drive?? Is it that easy??

Yes, they are compatible. You could clone the old disk if you wanted to keep everything on it as it is or use recovery disks to return to the state it was when you bought it.
    Or just keep both drives and use the second for storage (depending on whether it's actually broken/damaged/just slow).

• Advertisement
Advertisement